Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,081  
I’ve been out of Oregon Inlet a few times with 6’ rollers coming in and you’d better know your angles and trim levels and when to stay inside and go out another day.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,082  
Dog food batch is done, just need to let it cool down and package it up for the freezer.

Woke up this morning feeling very strange.... general weakness, border lightheaded. B/P is good, pulse is good. I think I got dehydrated yesterday.
After a few big glasses of water so far, feeling a little better. SWMBO put the restrictions in place already..... no outside planting / work today.....

Not sure if it's remnants of the 'crud' from last weekend. We both have a congested cough and sinuses. Getting better each day, which is good.

Went out on the front porch for coffee time this morning. Noticed the pond was about a foot low... WHAT? Upon careful inspection, a rock fell into the upper spillway, blocking the flow. The pump kept sending water to the top, which in turn overflowed until the pump started sucking some air. Got that fixed and refilled.

I may try and sneak out to gather the materials needed for the planned raised bed. If I get caught, well, that's ok too. Don't need to upset the home superintendent.

Need to call the rental place to see if they would rent just an auger. I'm thinking a 16" auger would make it easier to plant the willows that are in the 5 gal buckets. I have 6, 9, and 12" augers. The buckets are 11 1/2" across, tight fit into a 12" hole. The cheapest 16" that I found was $379.... expensive for something that won't get used much. (I say that now).

OK, the dog food packaging has started.... gotta go....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,083  
My daughter just sent me a video.... Yesterday, she had her Excursion parked at the Durango - Silverton railway base. Apparently a tour bus was going a bit fast through the parking lot and when he made a left turn to exit, clipped the back of her truck!
He fled the scene and never reported it! She came out and saw the damage, and reported it. The railway pulled the security tape.... yep there it was, plain as day. I think somebody (driver) is going to be in trouble....

There were skid marks on the ground under her truck about 2' long. The bumper and rear quarter panel are smashed in. The railway (owner of the bus) said they will pay for the repairs. I would hope so.....

/ Good morning!!!! #151,084  
75° this morning for a low temperature, 91° now and going for a sunny high of 97° today. OK, I've had enough hot summer and already looking forward to cooler weather. And if the heat alone is enough . . . .

Yesterday, we watched the Texas Rangers Baseball game (which they lost) and only seconds after it ended at 5:25 p.m., the lights went out. Hadn't had a power outage in a while, some say we can expect it, but Oncor claims to be ready and that we're safe. RIGHT!! After an hour, I called to be sure the outage had been reported and got a recording that said power should be restored by 7:30 p.m. So about 8 p.m. I called again and got a recording that said power should be restored by 11 p.m. Naturally the temperature in the house was climbing. We made sure we had working battery powered lights, and Margaret got on her bottles of oxygen instead of the oxygen generator that she's normally on all day and night. I was lying as still as possible, and it was getting dark, when the lights came on at 9 p.m. At least it was sooner than that last forecast; only out for about 3 and a half hours.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,085  
now I feel better about putting a dash cam in my car.

mowed for almost five hours, an hour too long, bumpy ground, but I got 3/4 of this large graveyard mowed.
Lot of interesting techniques trying to keep blown grass from piling up against the headstones. I usually cut into the middle on the first two passes on each side, then
go up the middle aimed at the back side of the stones, not the fronts. Light bulb had to go on for that one.

took me half an hour to load the silly mower. Trailer gate too steep an angle, spindles hang up on trailer hinge. Almost got it stuck.
Took some temp boards (thank you rv leveling experience...) and got it loaded. Need to make some convenient compact mini ramps to jack up the back edge by about four inches.
Trailer would be just fine for ATV or anything with big tires. Low slung mower not so much. I took one look at it and said no way.

Attachments

• IMG_0908 (1).JPG
    IMG_0908 (1).JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0907 (1).JPG
    IMG_0907 (1).JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 65
   / Good morning!!!! #151,086  
Drew would building 2 small ramps to back car up on help with the pitch?

/ Good morning!!!! #151,087  
79F sun cloud mix gentle breeze.

Been slow motion day...got everything done I wanted and than some,dinner feet up than early to bed for tomorrow day will start early,check in at hospital 6am on the table around 7am for CID implant going to be over night stay,sooo Iam shutting off porch lights until Thursday.... All stay healthy and safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,088  
Or a pair of plastic car ramps to lay the tailgate on;
1654549227516.png

/ Good morning!!!! #151,089  
I was going to build something of wood but I like Lou's plastic ramps. Maybe cut those top parts off so it's flat.
Have to see where minimal cross supports are met. Can't just support it on the metal mesh.
I've had a bunch of ramps, never to use as an auxiliary but for my mower, I sure need something. My nephew is going to borrow this trailer to take his ATV to new Catskills home, and he will have zero problem with the pitch. Really nice it has big 15" radial tires but I am going to ask him to keep it to 70mph. I'm sure there's some law anyway but I'm not sure if this trailer is designed to go 85mph. I know I'm not.

actually, they are ST radials so:
ST tires are designed specifically for boat, car and utility trailers. They are built to carry heavy loads on non-powered axles
and are rated for a maximum speed of 65mph. Their stiff sidewalls help prevent your boat/trailer towing package from swayin
g.