Here is a Bargain

/ Here is a Bargain #12  
That is where the used market is now, I would never pay what people are asking for used tractors right now, new is the same price + 15%
and WARRANTY counts for something :)

/ Here is a Bargain #13  
Years back I was working on my tractor out near the road by my house and an elder neighbor and his son from a few miles down the road stopped and asked if he could borrow my Kubota B2400 to do some work around his house. When I politely refused he became a bit irate and he couldn't understand my position, which I'm sure I don't need to explain here. His son had to talk him down and get him back in the car to leave. The confrontation was all very confusing to me. That's not something I would ask of anyone. It's bad enough my son borrows it and on one instance returned it broken, not really his fault though.

/ Here is a Bargain #15  
BradB - your post reminded me of a bad experience / encounters, that I had last week with my vehicle stalker (and by default I was stalked, since I was driving it)

I have a RARE 1979 Chevy El Camino Super Sport "Royal Knight" - it is in good/excellent condition and I have it listed for $23,500 Cdn.

I was driving it the other day for some errands around town - a pick-up load at Salvation Army etc. One of their clients that day (not known to me or this S A Office) became fixated on my vehicle and would not move on. I was inside the building, and the pastor was trying to deal with the situation. Took about 30 min of chatting with her. I was out of sight, but she was waiting for me, to get my name, number, pen, so that she could write down contact details.

Let's just say that she was impacted at that moment by "chemical drugs", not weed, booze, or natural conditions / limits / disabilities. I then watched from inside as she hovered around the vehicle, leaned on it, placed purse on it, etc. I could not leave without an encounter, so I waited. Eventually she left (on foot), and I carried on with errands. Over the next few hours while I'm going around town, she spots the car / me on 5 other occasions ... tapping on glass at the Auto Parts store, approaching vehicle at the Mall parking lot, jumping IN FRONT OF ME, from the centre median as I drive down the Highway. It was a BIZARRE afternoon. I abandoned half of my errands list and drove the vehicle home to park it and switch cars. This was all a FIRST. It was sad. (I have a career of experiences with challenging folks, but I did not even want her associating me to that vehicle, she was not a potential buyer)

Most people are interested in the vehicle, and we have a friendly discussion. It does get attention, but I did not expect or want that attention, risk of upsetting her, risk of damage to vehicle etc. Glad that it ended.

/ Here is a Bargain #16  
BradB - your post reminded me of a bad experience / encounters, that I had last week with my vehicle stalker (and by default I was stalked, since I was driving it)

I have a RARE 1979 Chevy El Camino Super Sport "Royal Knight" - it is in good/excellent condition and I have it listed for $23,500 Cdn.

So while I'm familiar with the G boy El Camino, but I'd never heard of the Royal Knight and had to look it up. That's an awesome vehicular hermaphrodite, lol. Regarding your stalker, what in the world was she thinking? What was her end goal? Were you supposed to give it to her? Take her for a drive?

/ Here is a Bargain #17  
So while I'm familiar with the G boy El Camino, but I'd never heard of the Royal Knight and had to look it up. That's an awesome vehicular hermaphrodite, lol. Regarding your stalker, what in the world was she thinking? What was her end goal? Were you supposed to give it to her? Take her for a drive?
re stalker gal - NONE OF THE ABOVE

the El Camino is posted in another thread, I believe :)

Post # 150947 in the GOOD MORNING thread, last Friday

Last edited:
   / Here is a Bargain #18  
re stalker gal - NONE OF THE ABOVE

the El Camino is posted in another thread, I believe :)

Well, I suppose given her inebriated state it's hard to follow that train of thought. I'd sure love to try though. 😂

/ Here is a Bargain #19  
Well, I suppose given her inebriated state it's hard to follow that train of thought. I'd sure love to try though. 😂
I'll give her your number if there is a next time. :)

Can you imagine her driving abilities ? ... no, that is a horrible thought

/ Here is a Bargain #20  
Stalker Gal - Some people don't know when to give up.

Years ago I was selling a '69 Plymouth Fury III convertible. I already had two people racing each other to the bank to pay what I was asking for it, (not much) when the third person who had looked at it previously with her "mechanic" started to lowball me on the price, claiming everything that her mechanic had found and explaining in a very condescenting manner why I was ethically bound to acceed to her wishes. I finally had to get rude in orer to shut her down. I wondered if her tactic had ever worked elsewhere.

And... back on topic. Cracked blocks can be welded. Depending on what else is broken it may be worth repairing.