Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #521  
My electric is very quiet... so much so I've been asked when am I working and I was already done.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #522  
Here’s another thought on EV’s. The gubment isn’t going to let you drive them much longer until you’re forced to stick a GPS or other device on your car. They’ll be more than happy to send you a bill for $0.50 or whatever per mile for road tax.

Yeah, road tax soon.... but only after everyone switches over (n)

The government plan is on track, as planned, for $10.00 gasoline and diesel. We are being forced into electric vehicles, really electric everything, by our government. (Sort of like masks and vaccines) It will be easy to control the population when there is only one source of power. Nuclear is the only logical source of power generation and, have you noticed, the government isn't talking about it.

My conspiracy theory: read "Rules for Radicles" government is on track for that too!

And wait until the price of electricity sky rockets due to power shortages from everyone charging... that'll be a real treat. (n)

Then everyone will be forced into generating their own electricity supply via solar/wind/whatever

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #524  
Yeah, road tax soon.... but only after everyone switches over (n)

And wait until the price of electricity sky rockets due to power shortages from everyone charging... that'll be a real treat. (n)

Then everyone will be forced into generating their own electricity supply via solar/wind/whatever
We already pay city taxes plus added fees on electricity to the home...

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #527  
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #528  
Dont forget you cant sell them after you have them for 5 years or more, they are going to end up in landfills as you cant crush them, and the batterys will be next 'nuclear waste'
That may remain the American way.

Or we could do what Germany has had for years. Enact law that at end-of-life the car manufacturer has to take back and re-use 85~95% of what it had manufactured.

(The text at this link is in English):

[Starting 2006] manufacturers ... of the average net weight of an ELV, at least 85 percent would be subject to reuse or recovery.
From 2015 on, at least 85 percent (reuse / recycling) and at least 95 percent (reuse / recovery).

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #529  
The smart rich people are going EV.

The smart average people are staying ICE

The poor people who have no option are staying ICE

I wonder what the dumb people will do?

I wonder what Joe/Jane average will do?

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #530  
Don't rest the saw against your legs, and you'll be all set. :D
Seriously, that seems to be the safety viewpoint of some. While watching the news with my parents years ago they showed somebody cleaning up hurricane damage... running a chainsaw in shorts and sneakers. I had to leave the room. I won't even start the darned thing up without full chaps, hearing protection and safety boots. Sometimes it takes longer to get geared up than to make the cut.

I wonder if I would need hearing protection with an electric saw?
My helmet has them built in, but I've taken to leaving them up. One of the downsides of hearing protection is being less aware of what's going on around you, (like subtle cracking noises.) That's always made me paranoid about my situational awareness in the past.

I'd say it's probably right on the threshold for needing hearing protection. However, it's only noisy when you're actively cutting, which is what pushed me to the "no protection/more aware" side.

Status
Not open for further replies.