Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,012  
Three movies that should be on list are, A Touch of Evil, Network, and the President's Annalist. For some reason I gravitate to Mid 60's and early 80's movies. They have a harshness to them, like the Deer Hunter, or Deliverance, or Point Blank which is late sixties. Movies now are committee controlled, to placate the widest audience to make the most money in international sales. Sci-fi has been so disappointing in that they really want to make a Horror Movie, (Sunshine) and not a Sci-Fi Movie like (Logan's Run), or they want to make a children's movie.

A Star that gets no love is:

Robert Mitchum​

All the movies he is in, are good. Even the little films.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,013  
Loved Thunder Road, and Cape Fear. He got busted for smoking pot back in the 50's and that hurt his reputation.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,014  
And interesting that was, that Robert Mitchum was side lined for pot.
.... taking legal LSD at the same time for treatment of depression, was okay.
If you watch a movie with Cary Grant, he is most likely on a very mild trip.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,016  
Watched Run Hide Fight. Actually helped me picture some of the issues that may have gone on recently on the LE side and was pretty entertaining if you could get past a few cheesy parts.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,017  
Just watched Top Gun Maverick. Thought it was a good sequel done right. For the first one it was F-14's, wasn't in the Navy yet. For this one I was already out, but as a contractor I worked on a few of those super Hornets at VFA-125. Brought back some good memories as an Aviation Electrician (AE)

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,018  
Watched Tombstone last night. That was a good movie, crazy that it was actually quite factual also.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,020