Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,021  
Just received the 4k version of "The Bridge over the River Kwai"...
Great flick...looking forward to watching it soon
That was an excellent movie. We still occasionally quote Sessue Hiakawa's line; "Be happy in your work".
Come to think of it, Wm. Holden (1918 - 1981) is in several of my top 10 movies; including Sunset Boulevard and Picnic. He did another "bridge" movie, The Bridges of To Ko Ri, which was a good one too.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,022  
Just posted on YouTube:

This one is a slow burn, but fascinating...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,023  
Watched Hustle last night on Netflix. (2022) Pretty good sports themed movie. Not the typical Adam Sandler role. If it wasn’t for some unnecessary language I‘d call it family friendly.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,024  
I've installed CyberFlix app after browsing https://www.firesticktricks.com/cyberflix-tv-firestick.html. Top Gun: Maverick was the first movie recommendation. I watched it yesterday, and it was absolutely fascinating. You really feel like you're on a plane with Tom Cruise. There is so much great action, incredible stunts, hilarious laughs and emotional moments.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,025  
Top Gun: Maverick. Absolutely fascinating. You really feel like you're on a plane with Tom Cruise. There is so much great action, incredible stunts, hilarious laughs and emotional moments.
I understand Tom Cruise is an accomplished pilot; he even owns a P-51 Mustang and flies it well. However, I also understand that the Navy would not allow him to fly the plane in the movie.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,026  
'Beyond a Reasonable Doubt'

Not knowing it was a remake I watched this flick now running on popular streaming sites...
A few days later I was browsing TCM on demand and saw the same title...

Both were worth watching...and both have very twisted endings...they vary slightly...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,027  
I probably posted this one before:
Great flick!!

Here's another...military movie, but not a war movie and based upon true events:
(Just a trailer)
I'd seen this several years ago on HBO...just bought it off Amazon and I started watching it last night

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,028  
I'd forgotten about Enemy Below. Now I'm gonna have to find time to watch it. Thanks. (y)