Saving Money as Prices Increase

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #371  
My wife and I had this grand plan to save a bundle on a 2 week fly / drive vacation to the southwest this spring. We booked air, hotel and car rental a year in advance to take advantage of the low covid related prices.

Everything went great until we showed up at the airport only to find our flight had been cancelled. It took the airline two days to rebook the flight which caused a chain reaction of cancellations. We had to rebook at current prices which in some cases tripled! Our cheapo $5K vacation turned into nearly $10K!

Oh well, we had a good time anyway.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #372  
The revenues from the gasoline tax (in NM) are distributed as follows:

• State aviation fund – .26%
  • Motorboat fuel tax fund – .13%
  • Counties and municipalities – 10.38%
  • County government road fund – 5.76%
  • Road funds of municipalities – 5.76%
  • Municipal arterial program – 1.44%
  • General fund $33,333 per month
  • Qualified Tribes 40% of the net receipts attributable to the gasoline tax paid to the Department on 2,500,000 gallons of gasoline each month
  • State road fund – Residual
In PA 40% is going to non-infrastructure agencies (State Police, etc)
All of those uses are associated with transportation except the general fund. The tribal money is because there are lots of state highways on reservations.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #373  
The revenues from the gasoline tax (in NM) are distributed as follows:

• State aviation fund – .26%
  • Motorboat fuel tax fund – .13%
  • Counties and municipalities – 10.38%
  • County government road fund – 5.76%
  • Road funds of municipalities – 5.76%
  • Municipal arterial program – 1.44%
  • General fund $33,333 per month
  • Qualified Tribes 40% of the net receipts attributable to the gasoline tax paid to the Department on 2,500,000 gallons of gasoline each month
  • State road fund – Residual
In PA 40% is going to non-infrastructure agencies (State Police, etc)
In Oregon the fuel tax is a dedicated fund that can only be spent on roads.

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #374  
My wife and I had this grand plan to save a bundle on a 2 week fly / drive vacation to the southwest this spring. We booked air, hotel and car rental a year in advance to take advantage of the low covid related prices.

Everything went great until we showed up at the airport only to find our flight had been cancelled. It took the airline two days to rebook the flight which caused a chain reaction of cancellations. We had to rebook at current prices which in some cases tripled! Our cheapo $5K vacation turned into nearly $10K!

Oh well, we had a good time anyway.
That stinks

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #376  
McD large coffee with tax is now $2.53. I was joking with one of the long-term employees about it and she says well the senior coffee didn't go up much. Now I get 2 senior coffees instead of the large for a dollar and a quarter savings $1.28. As they say there's more than one way to skin a cat. :)

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #377  
McD large coffee with tax is now $2.53. I was joking with one of the long-term employees about it and she says well the senior coffee didn't go up much. Now I get 2 senior coffees instead of the large for a dollar and a quarter savings $1.28. As they say there's more than one way to skin a cat. :)
I remember when McD's coffee was so nasty that you really had to be an addict to drink it. A cup lasted a long time 40 years ago. :D

/ Saving Money as Prices Increase #378  
It was $1.60 just a shirt time ago if you remember....lol

Just filled my wife's Suburban up at Kroger with 40 cents off and it was still 125 bucks.... Ouch.
As a Suburban owner, no you didn't. That costs $220+ right now. You may have 'topped it off' but there was no filling going on... Lol