Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #111  
^^^^^ Yum!

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #112  
Moss, that is probably as good as it gets, but I'll stick with the medium rare steak.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #113  
Ate a lot of fried frog legs when I was a kid; haven't had them for many, many years.

Something I eat now that didn't exist,as far as I know, when I was a kid is OKRA CRISPS! Love them!

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #114  
Moss, that is probably as good as it gets, but I'll stick with the medium rare steak.
Buggs, you get a double yum if it is rib eye!

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #115  
Ate a lot of fried frog legs when I was a kid; haven't had them for many, many years.

Something I eat now that didn't exist,as far as I know, when I was a kid is OKRA CRISPS! Love them!
??????? and what pray tell are "OKRA CRISPS" 2Lane? I love fried okra.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #116  
Buggs, you get a double yum if it is rib eye!
Usually NY Strip as that is much cheaper and often available in a full strip (about 12-14 lbs). I will often cut a roast of 3-4 lbs and then slow roast it on the grill to med rare, much like Prime Rib is done. Delicious with homemade horseradish sauce.

When I was a kid we did not have steak much and when we did it was chuck as that was cheap. Now that is expensive too. As much as on-sale NY Strip.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #117  
Love the horseradish . . . yep, we would have been called poor I guess by today's standards.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #119  
??????? and what pray tell are "OKRA CRISPS" 2Lane? I love fried okra.
It's okra that has been dried, cooked and seasoned. It's crunchy like a potato chip, and a really great snack. I get them at the grocery store in the candy section.

1655844367660.png

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #120  

I've eaten frog legs throughout my life. During my late teens my Dad started cutting the frogs right behind the head instead of at the midsection. Some of the tastiest meat is on the front legs and in the back. Looks a little odd though... :ROFLMAO: