John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #21  
Alrighty then I stand corrected, JD builds JD's. HUH!

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #22  
Cub Cadets IMO are superior to John Deeres. Unless were talking about the cheap lawn tractors then i dont really matter.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #23  
Cub Cadets IMO are superior to John Deeres. Unless were talking about the cheap lawn tractors then i dont really matter.
Well, that blanket statement is disputable. Agreed from 1965-1985 Cub's and Wheel Horse were dominant GT's, and JD was late to the game with a true GT (garden tractor) as JD was focused on farm machines, and mowers were a sideline market that the farmer bought to mow the grass.

In years 1990-2000 JD caught up with the 318 model and other direct drive models, while CC and Wheelhorse were sold to Toro and MTD, and in the mid 90's they suffered from corporate cost cutting/mass market demand and JD developed more capable machines X500 and so on, so today I believe JD is now the leader in the true GT market, however CC does make a good machine too.

It's also relevant that consumers (1990-2010) wanted a "ride on mower" only, so the demand for true GT's got smaller, while the "consumer MTD market mower" exploded and at the same time, real compact tractors e.g. Kubota, and JD Yanmar machines entered the market.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #24  
It's also relevant that consumers (1990-2010) wanted a "ride on mower" only, so the demand for true GT's got smaller, while the "consumer MTD market mower" exploded and at the same time, real compact tractors e.g. Kubota, and JD Yanmar machines entered the market.

You're right, the introduction of the subcompact to the market was the knife to the heart of the garden tractor market.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors
Don't know why you said that. Seems a tad illogical to mix PTO applications with a dedicated mower for the sake of an illogical snarky remark.
Seems illogical to compare a zero turn to a garden tractor. Period. Mowers aren’t PTO-driven? You said zeroes were better. I told you why they’re not ubiquitous and don’t make sense for everyone.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors
You're right, the introduction of the subcompact to the market was the knife to the heart of the garden tractor market.
That’s absolutely true . In most applications, a small scut will outperform a garden tractor in every way. When you start looking at the JD x700 series vs a 1-series scut, the 1-series is clearly the better choice in most cases. The only real advantage to a garden tractor is that they can still get a narrow deck and have low overhead clearance and a smaller footprint. If you’ve got a lot of obstacles, low hanging branches and rough ground, the garden tractor is better. 😊

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #27  
The all-wheel-steering option was a game changer for me so I have a Deere X744. For yard mowing, it does a great job and the wife loves it. She mows the yard while I work on other stuff. I also have a 1983 982 IH Cub Cadet.

deere x744 009_1.JPG
001_1.JPG

Last edited:
   / John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #28  
Two VERY handsome machines.

My only experience with AWS was an X304, and while it took time to adjust it was absolutely awesome. Very nimble!

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #29  
Two VERY handsome machines.

My only experience with AWS was an X304, and while it took time to adjust it was absolutely awesome. Very nimble!
I also have the snowblower and original HD 60 mower deck (made by woods?) for the 982.

007_1.JPG