Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe?

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe?
Because they were overpriced cars that depreciated rapidly! 🤣

(my apologies to all you Corvette lovers, but it's kinda true).
It's all relative, and something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I looked up me and my cousins Cuda we bought in the late 70's to work on together. I believe we paid like 1 grand for it and sold it for 4K and we're tickled pink. That car if sold brand new today, would run you $21,000.

I'm still sick of the thought of selling that 440 6 pack because you will NOT be buying one for 21K even if it looks brand new.

Heck, I looked at my old college car, a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlas Salon tonight just thinking perhaps I could find one at a reasonable price. Good luck Charlie.

Funny thing though... the 440 6 pack is only a couple tenths of second faster 0-60 than my dads Honda (I almost fell over dead when my son gave me his grandfathers cars rated times LOL). Yes, a Honda. I still have no clue why Honda discontinued their V6 coupe. It was my dads third one he bought as he loved it.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #53  
It's all relative, and something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I looked up me and my cousins Cuda we bought in the late 70's to work on together. I believe we paid like 1 grand for it and sold it for 4K and we're tickled pink. That car if sold brand new today, would run you $21,000.

I'm still sick of the thought of selling that 440 6 pack because you will NOT be buying one for 21K even if it looks brand new.

Heck, I looked at my old college car, a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlas Salon tonight just thinking perhaps I could find one at a reasonable price. Good luck Charlie.

Funny thing though... the 440 6 pack is only a couple tenths of second faster 0-60 than my dads Honda (I almost fell over dead when my son gave me his grandfathers cars rated times LOL). Yes, a Honda. I still have no clue why Honda discontinued their V6 coupe. It was my dads third one he bought as he loved it.
You know, back in the late 70s you kinda had to work pretty hard to soup up a car to get 300hp out of it.

Our 2013 Impala rental car has 300hp, a 6 speed auto, is capable of over 150 if you delete the limiter and gets 29mpg on the highway at 75mph.

Yes, I'd rather be driving a 69-70 Nova with a 327 on a Friday night. However, I'd rather be driving the 2013 Impala as a daily driver. Very comfortable car that can merge to highway speeds effortlessly.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe?
Yes, I'd rather be driving a 69-70 Nova with a 327 on a Friday night.
My definition of a "Friday night" has changed over the years LOL

That car had me wondering, called my cousin. He said my numbers were inflated from what he remembers.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #55  
My definition of a "Friday night" has changed over the years LOL

That car had me wondering, called my cousin. He said my numbers were inflated from what he remembers.
I was given my 70 Nova by my parents after it wore out.
I bought a 71 Nova for $500.
I was given a 73 four door Nova by a person that new I liked them and he no longer wanted it. He was just happy with the way I took care of his airplane over the years.
And I bought a 63 Nova for $900 and sold it for $1100.

Cars were cheap!

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #56  
Best of luck to your son and you; this is not a great time to be buying a car, new or used.

/ Feedback on a 92 Corvette Hatch back coupe? #57  
What about a Subaru WRX or is this a classic car search. You can get the tamed down version or the STI that kicks butt. AWD is far safer lol !
Buy the way I love the car just not the Huge exhaust kids put on them . My buddy had one and it was Hoot to drive .

Alternative: Volkswagon GTI turbo. Very much a sleeper car .

Last edited: