1725 takes a while to start

/ 1725 takes a while to start #11  
boy with 30hrs wold be surprised if actual plug damage. checking buss for voltage easy to do though.
pretty sure no fuse on that may be wrong.
don't suppose just crappy fuel in it?

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 1725 takes a while to start #12  
With such few hours on a new machine I sure would not do much before twisting the dealer arm a bit harder.

/ 1725 takes a while to start #13  
I don't use glow plugs in warm weather, still starts up almost immediately.
Battery strength has a huge impact, whether the battery condition or charging system.

Does the amount of throttle affect starting?

/ 1725 takes a while to start #14  
just a thought and is easy to do, if been in real dusty conditions check condition of air filter.
With such few hours on a new machine I sure would not do much before twisting the dealer arm a bit harder.
yeah I would do that also but would still do some visual inspections while waiting.

• Good Post
Reactions: DMW
   / 1725 takes a while to start #15  
just a thought and is easy to do, if been in real dusty conditions check condition of air filter.

yeah I would do that also but would still do some visual inspections while waiting.
Not just dust. Mice really like to nest in the area of the air intake. A high pitched whistle when the engine is running usually indicates a restriction in the air intake/filter.

/ 1725 takes a while to start #16  
Not just dust. Mice really like to nest in the area of the air intake. A high pitched whistle when the engine is running usually indicates a restriction in the air intake/filter.

Been there done that... Put screen over air intake so it does not happen again...

/ 1725 takes a while to start #17  
Giving the benefit of the doubt to the OP, and assuming the difference in the starting is actual, I would agree with Dmacleo.

After verifying the intake air filter isn't compromised, the only thing else I can think of, that could realistically have changed enough to affect starting in 30 hours, would be an issue with the fuel.

It is beneficial to find a good quality source for your fuel. If you have farmers in your area, see if you can get it where they do.

/ 1725 takes a while to start

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0

Hi guys sorry I haven’t gotten back on here. I took a video,actually two. One one day and one the next. For the first one I didn’t show the glow plug lite I forgot what side it was on and really wasn’t paying attention. I let the plugs cycle for quite a while as can be seen in the videos. I don’t know of this is normal for this tractor but I do remember it starting with less cranks.the fuel is from the same place I get for my diesel car.

How do you post videos on here?

/ 1725 takes a while to start #19  

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0

Hi guys sorry I haven’t gotten back on here. I took a video,actually two. One one day and one the next. For the first one I didn’t show the glow plug lite I forgot what side it was on and really wasn’t paying attention. I let the plugs cycle for quite a while as can be seen in the videos. I don’t know of this is normal for this tractor but I do remember it starting with less cranks.the fuel is from the same place I get for my diesel car.

How do you post videos on here?
I am guessing here. My last battery lasted about a year from new. Previous battery was same brand/model lasted 7 years. Excessive use of the glow plugs in cold weather beat the crap out of it. I don't think I ran it long enough to fully recharge the battery during use. Put another new battery in it in February, still cold hearted, but easier to start. Above 50 Fahrenheit there has never been a need to use the glow plugs.
Put it on a charger, don't use the glow plugs and see how it starts. Give it a little bit of throttle. Not on idle, but not over 1/2.

/ 1725 takes a while to start #20  
You need to post a video so we can see exactly how long it's cranking, a puff of black smoke at startup is normal