How Hard Can a Tractor Pull?

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #32  
I tried to pull an old set of concrete stairs with my L3901, stairs were about 4 feet wide and 3 feet tall. Aftering digging a place to roll the stairs downhill I had no luck whatsoever pulling pushing or rolling with forks or bucket. Ended up getting some dexpan and a rotary hammer to split the stairs in half before I was able to move them. Years ago a local farmer tried to pull the same stairs with his 70hp dual rear wheeled tractor and just snapped a 5/16 transport chain before moving it. Your tractor is about 200lbs heavier than mine on base weight.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #35  
The best thing you can do to increase your chances of pulling it is to shorten that rope to the absolute bare minimum required to hook it up. Most come alongs are significantly over rated. Even if you did have a good one it’ll take forever.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #36  
Ive got a huge rock under the grass in my yard, any ideas on how to move it would be appreciated.
13989104603_c57e9de5cf_o.jpg

here's an aerial view.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #37  
get a pallet fork under it and pry up, roll it if you can from there. I've rolled 4,000 lb rocks with my tractor.
My neighbor used to pull up rocks and stumps with his pallet forks. Now one fork points down.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #38  
I would put it like this: I don't think anything works "well" with stumps except for heavy equipment, but this thing is infinitely better than an ordinary shovel. Stumps are a curse to all humanity.

Thanks for the help.

So a big come-along chained to an oak should be a lot better.
I have a large rock outcrop in a pasture and have thought about using Dexpan. Look at this video. A small rock will be easier to move.

How Hard Can a Tractor Pull?

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #39  
I tried to pull a big rock out of my yard with my Kubota L3710 and got nowhere. Today it occurred to me that I should think about getting a come-along.

So how hard can a 37-horse tractor pull? I don't really know. I can get a come-along that supposedly pulls with two tons of force.

I also have a Dodge with a 5.9 Cummins. They seem to do well against farm tractors, at least on Youtube.
No comment without a pic of the rock and how you were pulling on the rock. Suspect you didn't know how, and my clue is in the subject line.

/ How Hard Can a Tractor Pull? #40  
You should take some hi-rez pics of that "rock" and correspond with a local University Geology Professor. Maybe send a sample. That rock doesn't look like anything normal for Florida. It might be a mineral replacement, fossil, of some sort of large organic original. To me, this does look organic in shape.