2004 B7610 will not start

/ 2004 B7610 will not start #11  
There are 2 things that are grossly simple and no-cost that you should try.

1) Many small tractors fail to get the full 12v to the solenoid so the starter never turns. Quick/easy is to connect a battery charger to the battery terminals. That gives you around 13.8v there as opposed to 12v. It MAY then start for you. Of course you need to do all the ground cable checks, cleaning terminals and all that. There are around 4 or 5 places/safety interlocks each of which is allowed to drop the voltage 0.5v within spec. This "apply battery charger" method can overcome that sequential voltage drop. If that works (besides cleaning all connections, etc.) they do sell a "hard start kit" which bypasses all those interlocks for solenoid voltage. I had one installed on our BX2200 this spring (which was a nuisance until then, would not start about every 3rd time I went to it...) and now it starts every single time.
2) If that fails, take a long solid metal rod (about like a long socket set extension) and place one end of it on the body of the starter motor. (Often tight and hard to reach, often a vertical narrow way to reach it with your hood up.) Rap the end of the rod lightly with a hammer -- idea being to deliver a mechanical shock to the starter. Older starter motors (specifically on an older Kubota B2150 I have for example) develop that disease. Try it 2 or 3 times if first rap doesn't work. If that's it then do the usual glow plug and turn the key and it will start.

/ 2004 B7610 will not start
There are 2 things that are grossly simple and no-cost that you should try.

1) Many small tractors fail to get the full 12v to the solenoid so the starter never turns. Quick/easy is to connect a battery charger to the battery terminals. That gives you around 13.8v there as opposed to 12v. It MAY then start for you. Of course you need to do all the ground cable checks, cleaning terminals and all that. There are around 4 or 5 places/safety interlocks each of which is allowed to drop the voltage 0.5v within spec. This "apply battery charger" method can overcome that sequential voltage drop. If that works (besides cleaning all connections, etc.) they do sell a "hard start kit" which bypasses all those interlocks for solenoid voltage. I had one installed on our BX2200 this spring (which was a nuisance until then, would not start about every 3rd time I went to it...) and now it starts every single time.
2) If that fails, take a long solid metal rod (about like a long socket set extension) and place one end of it on the body of the starter motor. (Often tight and hard to reach, often a vertical narrow way to reach it with your hood up.) Rap the end of the rod lightly with a hammer -- idea being to deliver a mechanical shock to the starter. Older starter motors (specifically on an older Kubota B2150 I have for example) develop that disease. Try it 2 or 3 times if first rap doesn't work. If that's it then do the usual glow plug and turn the key and it will start.
Thank you so much!!!! I will check all you said and follow through. I have worked on many a car and truck but this is my first experience with a Tractor. All three lights come on when I turn the ignition. I can hear a click but nothing. I guess from my own Gasoline experience if it was a fuel problem it would at least try to start. In a car if it is the starter I would hear clicking sounds. The only sound I hear is the ignition. For me as an Auto guy I would have had some kind of indication that something was breaking down, However I drove it to it's parking spot and had zero trouble. Shut it down and now it will not start. THat is very new to me.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 2004 B7610 will not start #13  
Is your B7610 a hydro-static drive with a pedal at the floor?

/ 2004 B7610 will not start #15  
Battery Post are clean and Battery is new
Make sure the chasis ground connection from the battery (-) post has a good connection. Make sure the cables are not internally corroded.

/ 2004 B7610 will not start #16  
Thank you so much!!!! I will check all you said and follow through. I have worked on many a car and truck but this is my first experience with a Tractor. All three lights come on when I turn the ignition. I can hear a click but nothing. I guess from my own Gasoline experience if it was a fuel problem it would at least try to start. In a car if it is the starter I would hear clicking sounds. The only sound I hear is the ignition. For me as an Auto guy I would have had some kind of indication that something was breaking down, However I drove it to it's parking spot and had zero trouble. Shut it down and now it will not start. THat is very new to me.

Please let us know how things progress.

/ 2004 B7610 will not start #17  
Try rocking the HST pedal to find it's neutral position. A few taps back and forth should find neutral switch position, if that were to be the case.

Try rocking the HST pedal to find it's neutral position. A few taps back and forth should find neutral switch position, if that were to be the case.

Ok update.

Have tried to rock the HST pedal no results. I have changed all of the fuses, Seat safety switch is good. Changed PTO safety switch checks good. From my gasoline experience I am thinking solenoid, relay or starter. Been very hard to figure out where everything is located. I think I see the starter, Solenoid and solenoid relay on the left front under the cowl. Is that the correct location? Should not be hard to change relay but never jumped a tractor solenoid. Just trying to figure it all out?

Attachments

• IMG-1319.jpg
    IMG-1319.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
   / 2004 B7610 will not start #19  
Ok update.

Have tried to rock the HST pedal no results. I have changed all of the fuses, Seat safety switch is good. Changed PTO safety switch checks good. From my gasoline experience I am thinking solenoid, relay or starter. Been very hard to figure out where everything is located. I think I see the starter, Solenoid and solenoid relay on the left front under the cowl. Is that the correct location? Should not be hard to change relay but never jumped a tractor solenoid. Just trying to figure it all out?

I do not know your model very well but from what I can tell from online pictures it looks like the starter is on the left side. Personally I would use a remote starter switch (sold on amazon). Less likely to make a mistake. Then watch some youtube videos on how to bypass starter solenoid with remote starter switch. You could also use a test lamp or meter to check if you are getting power to the the correct terminals during the start sequence.

I do not know your model very well but from what I can tell from online pictures it looks like the starter is on the left side. Personally I would use a remote starter switch (sold on amazon). Less likely to make a mistake. Then watch some youtube videos on how to bypass starter solenoid with remote starter switch. You could also use a test lamp or meter to check if you are getting power to the the correct terminals during the start sequence.
Ok got a remote starter. I did everything I was supposed to do. Connected it to the starter. I can hear a spinning sound but nothing from the engine. Any ideas?
Sorry I am bein a pain.