Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,111  
77F Partly cloudy slight chance passing shower.

Long but good day at work, highlight of the day so far fill up pickup $4.47 gallon,couple weeks ago $4.97 gallon.
Plans for the evening...nope O nothing deck with smooth cigar waiting for stars and critters.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,112  
$2400 estimate for new water pump and radiator for my L5030 that’s been overheating at dad’s. After they do this and stop the leak, he said they need to check if any head damage.
Fingers cross no more damage.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,113  
new water pump understandable, most radiators get sent out to radiator shop unless they have a big hole in them.
if overheat light came on, guess they are worried about head gaskets.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,115  
Drew, I have a suggestion..... think about it or not, either way OK.

For the driveway, coat all that larger gravel with about 1 1/2-2" of crusher fines.

The rain and driving on it will make it like concrete. I still have areas of our driveway done that way well over 20 years ago.... I bet you wouldn't be able to drive a 16D nail into it with a hammer. I would wager that even an inch would make a night and day difference.

when I first did the drive with the fines, the kids were able to roller blade on it. Makes it really smooth and easy to move stuff around on it.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,116  
Dennis, costly repair, but not over the top when compared to other prices I have heard of getting quoted by others.

Do you think you could tackle it yourself? Might be able to get a pump for a couple hundred $$$

/ Good morning!!!! #153,117  
Disappointing visit at the neurologist, no real answers, only speculation.

MAYBE the swelling is caused by the inflammatory response to the pain I'm experiencing.....
MAYBE the pain is present because of the initial trauma and the subsequent 3 surgeries.
MAYBE just due to hypersensitivity from the previous reasons....

I'm now scheduled for a 'nerve block study'. They will inject an anesthetic into the 3 nerve bundles in the knee.... then for the next 8 hours, I will do a "pain scale" during 'normal' activity....
I told him that I can't really do my 'normal' activity. I told him I can barely go up 3 steps..... He said do what you can.

After this 'test' is done, he would then schedule another surgery to permanently cauterize the nerves in the knee. He said he normally would just do the cauterization first, but my insurance requires the first "test" to be done before they will authorize the second.

I just want to get beyond all this. Bad enough that I lost my career and almost $500K earnings.... I just want to get on with life.....

/ Good morning!!!! #153,118  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 2.4C, calm and fairly clear sky. It's presently 14.1C.

Well, the 'horse mad' woman (from a few weeks ago) has gone ahead and bought a horse; it's arriving tomorrow. 😄 She popped over for a visit yesterday arvo for a cup of tea and a chat. There's a LOT that she'll need to learn when it comes to owning & caring for a horse... but she'll get there eventually. I've offered to set up a water trough on my neighbour's front paddock (she wasn't aware of just how much a horse drinks) and she was chuffed that she had 10 squares of hay to feed (I said that that might last a fortnight =o_O). Steep learning curve ahead for her.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,119  
$2400 estimate for new water pump and radiator for my L5030 that’s been overheating at dad’s. After they do this and stop the leak, he said they need to check if any head damage.
OUCH. How much for parts, how much for labor? Can you DIY?