Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,101  
Good Morning!!!! 72F @ 7:30AM. Plentiful sunshine. High 101F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

I still see Radio Shack signs in some of the smaller towns around here, Drew, but the stores are empty and the doors are locked. What a shame all the little parts for repairs and projects have to be ordered, and you can't just get one or two. The TSC in Chico is populated with nincompoops, too. If you call to check inventory, one will tell you they have plenty, and the one you ask when you get there couldn't find their butt with both hands...

Got the insurance bills yesterday and went on line to see if I could set up auto pay. I could, but only monthly. No way I'm going to clutter up my statements with multiple charges each month. Called a rep at the head office who told me I had to deal with the "local" agent, that happens to be in San Diego at the other end of the state. She told me the same thing. And that I could leave a comment on the website. So I did, suggesting that they join the rest of us in the twenty-first century. I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

I think that the last brick'n'morter stores will still be selling shoes, Paul. Before I found a pair of hiking boots last weekend at REI that I could try on and actually fit, I sent back four pairs of mail order boots that didn't. And after hiking an afternoon in the new boots, I think the soles aren't stiff enough, and I can feel every pebble I step on. Gonna try some different insoles, but likely they'll get sent back, too. The curse of wide feet...

Looking forward to cooler temps up at Bucks Lake, low 90s for highs, high 50s for sleeping. Might even get in a swim or two.

Got the rock screener moved over near the trench, then scooped up all the spoils and ran them through. Got enough clean dirt to cover the conduit with a few inches, then had to bring more dirt down from the berms along the driveway. Lots of seat time in hot temps, but at least the tractor has a canopy. Still need to final grade, then spread decomposed granite over the area, but that'll have to wait until next week.

Might be off line until Monday, as internet access up there is pretty thin...

/ Good morning!!!! #153,102  
neurologist appointment

for your sake, I hope this entails a delightful nurse
giving you a head rub and feeling for bumps.
likely not covered by Medicare.

I have flunked so many EGKS,EMG ? s due to carpal and ulnar nerve damage.
But if you've had a heart attack, or they think you've had one, they send you to a neurologist
Who along with an endocrinologist will figure out what meds you need, assuming you need some.
You usually do...

I'm glad my family doc is a DO. I don't have to go to an arthritis doc too.
I have zero copay insurance, except for this upcoming epidural. The surgery center shakes me
down for 100 bucks.

lastly, and then back to work, electronics are one of the few places where you pay less each year while
getting higher performance each year.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,103  
A very cool and pleasant 69F with partly cloudy skies @ 10:30, heading up to a high of 82F. Local weather station reports we got 0.26" of rain yesterday and 0.26" today.

Seemed wet out there is morning so perhaps something developed after I hit the rack. There was a notification of a weather alert on my phone but it had already expired when I went to pull it up so I couldn't see what it was.

Saw groundhog out back yesterday, out there again this morning ... 🤬

Started mulching the flower bed along the edge last evening after the storm came through, got 6 bags placed. Some of that went on the garden area.

Harvested another zucchini which was ready.

Woman had quite the nap after dinner while I was doing that, ended up getting a second wind and assisted getting the banana tree repotted. It was pretty root-bound, guessing that it will be a little happier in it's new home:

IMG_1862 copy.jpg

Given the recent rain, seems like today might be a good day to get some more flower/shrub planting done, as the soil won't be like concrete.

Would probably be good to get that other large tomato plant in the ground before it becomes even more unwieldy ... assuming I can find a place for it.

Woman reports the groundhog was out in the garden looking things over just a moment ago ... before dashing back into its hole.

Agenda for today:

Go up and get another dump cart load of screened compost and amend/level the edge of the flower bed so it can be mulched.

Remove that artemisia "Silver Mound" and transplant it over by the well casing in the second circle.

That will free up a couple of spots to plant the two bare root peonies in the flower bed. Woman is chomping at the bit to get those in the ground.

There's a potential planting bed up under a maple tree over by the northeast planting bed where I stuck some of the plain green hosta we got from my friend out in Medina. Those survived the deer and the winter so maybe clean up the leaves, sticks, and weeds there and stick some of the other varieties of hosta and shade perennials in there. Should be a quick and easy project to do. Only thing is it may require some additional screened compost.

The rest of those plain green hosta that we planted in the west planting bed look to have established themselves nicely and are proliferating. They're currently blooming.

Make up a couple more 2' tall chickenwire cages which will allow getting a few more bell pepper plants in the ground.

More mulching.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Calm just before the storm:

IMG_1861 copy.jpg

Just afterwards:

IMG_1863 copy.jpg

Geez ... it's already Thursday ...

Hope everyone has a good one ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,104  
had to come in, overheated, never got to steering wheel.
face was getting red, time for a/c

well I got this done. Not after a serious fail with the garden cart. Which abused the wire mesh bottom of cart when it slid off support beam.
My brand new aluminum drain pan was thick enough to withstand the abuse, and I
was able to get er done though for sure with a zig and a zag. Overshot my first stop point.
just took the scenic route

Attachments

• IMG_1027 (1).JPG
    IMG_1027 (1).JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1028 (2).JPG
    IMG_1028 (2).JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1029 (1).JPG
    IMG_1029 (1).JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1031 (2).JPG
    IMG_1031 (2).JPG
    5 MB · Views: 72
   / Good morning!!!! #153,105  
if my fairy McGyver shows up, or more likely me go up there, we will fab something to front of JD.
would be much easier with an adapter on rear oem hitch, which is pretty weak but at least attached well.
But my neck doesn't bend much and backing up is terrible on it. So power to the people, we shall advance
going forward.
All I need to do is get my handy dandy pan back, slide it around and then hook up the mower.
I really should bring the scale out and measure empty tongue weight. Pretty sure that JD front bumper trim piece aka frame piece is really marginal
for this task. May need a little more steel. I know where to find it.

Attachments

• IMG_1021 (1).JPG
    IMG_1021 (1).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1025 (1).JPG
    IMG_1025 (1).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 52
   / Good morning!!!! #153,106  
71°F and 1.88 inches rain. More showers forecast for today.

Spent some time yesterday sitting at the bench grinder with wire wheel removing rust from various sockets and wrenches. Quite tedious.

I also bested Sophie at a game of H&F

Today will be wx dependent again. Hurricane Darby is approaching, forecast to miss but deliver some rain between now and weekend.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #153,107  
i think it was 100 degrees in that garage despite a fan and I sweated buckets, but
it was worth it. Job completed.
have to stay inside now, keep drinking something
diet lemonade or diet cran mango.

Attachments

• IMG_1033 (1).JPG
    IMG_1033 (1).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1032 (1).JPG
    IMG_1032 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
   / Good morning!!!! #153,108  
   / Good morning!!!! #153,109  
$2400 estimate for new water pump and radiator for my L5030 that’s been overheating at dad’s. After they do this and stop the leak, he said they need to check if any head damage.