What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,461  
My Massey GC1723EB backhoe control panel anchor tabs snapped off. This is a simple fix. Two Stanley "L" brackets, a couple of bolts and some Massey red spray paint from Tractor Supply. I cut off the corners on the "L" brackets so they would not rub on the hydraulic hoses. The existing bolts on the backhoe platform matched up with the holes in the "L" brackets. I had to drill two holes for the side bolts. The control panel is rock solid now.
I can't believe these snapped so easy, maybe a bad weld, or metal too thin?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,462  
I can't believe these snapped so easy, maybe a bad weld, or metal too thin?
Looks like the previous model CB65 backhoe had a different mounting bracket.
1658502092942.png

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,463  
what would stress the control stand enough to cause that?
looking at a 1723 and 1725MB last few minutes trying to see why that stressed that much.
only thing I can think of is slightly worn mount pins causing a diagonal flex. you hook onto something and whole frame, including stand, flexes, etc.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,464  
what would stress the control stand enough to cause that?
looking at a 1723 and 1725MB last few minutes trying to see why that stressed that much.
only thing I can think of is slightly worn mount pins causing a diagonal flex. you hook onto something and whole frame, including stand, flexes, etc.
It's caused by grabbing the top bar to pull yourself up onto the platform. I think either me or my neighbor got a little too aggressive climbing on and off the backhoe. We've been using it almost every day lately.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,465  
It's caused by grabbing the top bar to pull yourself up onto the platform. I think either me or my neighbor got a little too aggressive climbing on and off the backhoe. We've been using it almost every day lately.
AHA I never thought about that aspect. used a 1710/1723/1725 TLB backhoe often yet 95% of my use was turn in seat, dig for 1-2 minutes, move tractor ( this usually was 4-6 minutes), repeat.
honestly spent more time moving and position tractor than have actually using backhoe.
so that aspect never occurred to me.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,466  
Looks like the previous model CB65 backhoe had a different mounting bracket. View attachment 755305
Yup, on mine the grab bar part of that enclosure is welded on. Man, I keep hearing issues coming up with these GC tractors with the new model numbers, if it's not one thing it's another.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,467  
Yup, on mine the grab bar part of that enclosure is welded on. Man, I keep hearing issues coming up with these GC tractors with the new model numbers, if it's not one thing it's another.

Hopefully not I bought my 1725 in February. I’m about to do the 50 hour oil change.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,468  
It's a scut so it's not heavy duty. My 2011 2410 BH has the same cracked weld that's a few yrs old from me pulling myself up and it's on my welding bucket list but I use the hoe so little, it gets forgotten.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,469  
Hopefully not I bought my 1725 in February. I’m about to do the 50 hour oil change.
Hey Skeletor, I'm sorry man, that came out wrong on my end, I don't wanna make anybody worry or anything. I'm sure yours if fine if you haven't seen an issue yet. But the 2 other things I heard on the new models that several people on here reported about:

1. The backhoe joystick housing can crack due to bad casting.
2. If your hydros are whining a lot, it could due to a relief valve issue...forgot exactly what it was, maybe a seal in there or something else..

Just fyi, something to keep an eye out for, that sorta thing.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,470  
Hey Skeletor, I'm sorry man, that came out wrong on my end, I don't wanna make anybody worry or anything. I'm sure yours if fine if you haven't seen an issue yet. But the 2 other things I heard on the new models that several people on here reported about:

1. The backhoe joystick housing can crack due to bad casting.
2. If your hydros are whining a lot, it could due to a relief valve issue...forgot exactly what it was, maybe a seal in there or something else..

Just fyi, something to keep an eye out for, that sorta thing.
Gotcha! I actually have heard of the controls breaking off aswell. I make sure I don’t use it as a handle climbing up. My hydro seems normal compared to what I’ve heard in videos. I don’t find it to be noisy. Hopefully it’s trouble free.