Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,671  
75F and mostly cloudy @ 11:00 (sunny here at the moment), heading up to a high of around 81F for the day.

Had a bit of excitement last night.

Woman had gone to bed and I was about to head there myself when the big alert noise went off on my phone (same as the Amber Alert):

At 01:13 the NWS had issued a Tornado Warning with a possible radar-indicated tornado near Doylestown which is west of us, heading due east @ 40 mph. We were in the warning box. Dangerous thunderstorm accompanied by torrential rains.

So I woke up The Woman - which She was not at all happy about - gathered up Squeak and we headed downstairs into the basement.

Didn't even try to find the Missy cat - once the thunder starts ain't no use trying to find her (or extract her from wherever she is at)

And taking Squeak into the basement invokes sheer terror in her, because that's the place where the alien invader hides. So I got scratched up a little from that. While not all that upset by the storm, Squeak was not a happy camper about having to go ... down there ... :LOL:

It was pretty all much over by the time we got downstairs, although the NWS didn't cancel the warning until 30 - 45 minutes later.

We did end up getting 0.87" according to the LWS, probably in the space of 15 minutes.

So everything got watered pretty good.

Power went off again (repeatedly) around 03:00. Took a while for it to come back on.

On the agenda for today:

Head down to the NAPA in Canal Fulton and get a new hydraulic hose made up for the FEL.

Maybe get tiller serviced.

Possibly get some tilling done on the garden.

Trash and recyclables taken up to the road and put out.

Hope everyone has a great Monday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,672  
RS, the metal is for the floorboards?

Yup.

the foot area on my old MF 1230 was pretty rotted out, pretty common problem, they either didn't put enough drain holes in or the holes get plugged, and in
my case, the water sat under a rubber pad and just rotted things.

In my case it's a bad design or execution on Kubota's part: a thin layer of sheet metal (14 gauge or less ?) which is reinforced on top with a thicker piece (1/8") in the area where you step or where your feet sit.

The thicker piece (on top) is plug-welded onto the thinner part ... which leaves slight gap which allows moisture intrusion.

Probably wouldn't be too much of an issue if the tractor was garaged but being outside in the elements contributes to the problem I'm sure. As did the fact that I haven't had the rubber mat that covers the deck/floor on it for years.

Paint job on the underside isn't all that great which probably doesn't help much either.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,673  
just went back to supermarket for second time today, neighbor across the way not well, so I did her food shopping for her.
hot and sticky out

did go out and find a few nibblers in the garden

Attachments

• IMG_1116 (1).JPG
    IMG_1116 (1).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
   / Good morning!!!! #153,674  
68°F and .10 inches rain.

Managed to join the less than great club yesterday. When putting Sophie’s BX away I managed a misstep and ended up smacking my ribs hard in the FEL arm, pretty much knocking the wind out of me. Didn’t sleep well and mighty sore this morning. Surprisingly, not even a black and blue, but don’t cough or breathe too deeply. Maybe a recovery day.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #153,675  
Mostly & BEF...I check this morning before going to work number noise prints also couple tongue drags.

Wngsprd...Yes sir that is true.
Years ago I put mirror side field whitetail rut was peak,couple day later I was clean up mirror and wooden...lesson learn...almost. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #153,676  
77F clearing sky nice early morning rain wish it lasted for couple day.

Not much today other than 9 hours at pt. job,think I sneak in 30 min nap soon and afterwards stumble around see what I can get into.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,677  
68°F and .10 inches rain.

Managed to join the less than great club yesterday. When putting Sophie’s BX away I managed a misstep and ended up smacking my ribs hard in the FEL arm, pretty much knocking the wind out of me. Didn’t sleep well and mighty sore this morning. Surprisingly, not even a black and blue, but don’t cough or breathe too deeply. Maybe a recovery day.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
Your misstep reminded me of the old vacant farmhouse on the property next to ours on the farm. I went snooping around it and found letters to the farmers wife on how the farmer died - he fell off a ladder and never got better - just a misstep. She apparently went pretty quick also because among the rat infested holes in the roof and rotten boards you could tell she left everything inside the house as it set every day.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,680  
Wife just brought me a hot slice of homemade peach pie with ice cream on top. Yum.
We are getting zero peaches off of our tree this year. All of the fruit got just a little larger than an almond and fell off. Guessing it wasn't pleased with our drought this year.

Wife has been getting some delicious peaches from a local orchard. Had one today at lunch. Like a juicy sweet bite of heaven.