LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #401  
I've said this several times before, probably even in this thread. LS is the new kid on the block right now, and trying to capture market share. They seem to have a pretty good product and most people I talk to/read about are satisfied customers. I believe that as time goes on their pricing will increase; likely enough to negate the corresponding depreciation.

Having said that, I'm still a Kubota snob. :D

Your next machine will be a Kioti. 🤣

/ LS or Kubota #402  
No new next machine (tractors) for this hay grower. The ones I own will outlast me and being pre 4 machines, the value of them is ever increasing. They have become an investment more than anything else.

/ LS or Kubota #403  
Your next machine will be a Kioti. 🤣
I was thinking about it for a long time. When I actually looked at the geared 2610 I’ve been talking about though, the urge vanished.

/ LS or Kubota #408  
Cummings is the tent sale tool emporium that travels around selling mostly imported junk

The travelling cheap tool sales company was spelled the same as the Iconic diesel engine manufacturer but combined with Tools so Cummins Tools
Have to admit I still have an old bench grinder I bought decades ago when they "rolled" through town and a Coleman pressure washer as well oddly both still working fine. We also have two Cummins powered Dodge trucks.

Just ordered an inverted snowblower from the Local LS/ Yanmar dealer.

They had a bunch of LS tractors on the lot, only one small Yanmar I saw.

Asked them why, and the sales lady said we have been having trouble getting any stock of Yanmar.

/ LS or Kubota #409  
Ive had 3 Kubota's and everyone of them the seat sucked. The "Grand L 4060" is the most recent one I bought. The seat still sucked even the L3400 I had a better seat. Think about it, if you're in a seat even 6 hours, a seat will be your best friend or your enemy.

The remote valves suck as well. Another member here, Fallon could collaborate my distain for their valves as he has had the same issues.

So, seat issues, remote issues and premium a price? The 2speed transmission is nice but not worth the price of admission.

/ LS or Kubota #410  
Why is that?
I wasn't going to answer this but...

They're a nice looking tractor and a lot of people like them. I don't mean to detract from that.

Yet I have learned to follow my instincts. When I walked up to the tractor from the rear the first thing I noticed was the rear end casting; it reminded me of the cheap Chinese tools I bought in my younger days, which were heavy but weak. Sitting on it wasn't comfortable, and I didn't like where the shifter was located... likely because I've been on Kubotas for 45 years. (Along with Fords, Masseys,...) It just didn't feel right, and I've learned to follow my instincts. If I miss a good thing it's gone, but I will find something else or go wthout. If I buy something anyways even though it didn't feel right I am stuck with it; in the case of a tractor, for 10-15 years.

When I was tractor shopping 4 years ago the price between my Kubota and the Kioti were nearly identical. That was for geared tractors though, and while the Kioti has live PTO the Kubota doesn't. I didn't realize that until 10:30 the night before I was supposed to buy the Kubota, so ended up with the used 3301 HST instead.