224ws square baler

/ 224ws square baler #11  
Where I live until the last few years largest % of small sq balers sold/used are wire tie

/ 224ws square baler
So putting on new auger belt do I need to take all shims out since it’s a new belt? Cause when I put all the shims back on and tighten the bolts that belt gets tight as a banjo string. I only took the back pulley off. The front one looks to have quite a few shims on it.

/ 224ws square baler
My number is 918-605-4356. Ifin u wanna talk.

/ 224ws square baler #15  
As I previously stated in my 1st reply belt tension is achieved by """adding/removing"" shims between 1 or both pulleys. To lower belt tension add shims between pulley halves. Check you PM box for message from me.

/ 224ws square baler #16  
The tighter the belt, the harder it is on the shaft bearings. As with any belt drive, you always want a bit of deflection in the belt measured at the midway point. What that is in your case I don't know. All I know is there should be some. Maybe Jim knows, I surely don't.

/ 224ws square baler #17  
My number is 918-605-4356. Ifin u wanna talk.
Nice to talk on phone with you. If you have any more questions about auger drive belt or any other questions feel free to call me on the phone.

/ 224ws square baler
As with you. All my uncles and cousins have died off that knew bout these old balers. They taught me a few thangs bier the years but sure miss talkin too em bout old farm equipment. I like visiting with folks that know this stupid bout the old equipment. Thanks for your time.

/ 224ws square baler #19  
The tighter the belt, the harder it is on the shaft bearings. \
I agree belt with too much tension shortens the life of the components. JD 224 baler didn't have shaft bearings but had bronze bushings