California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #71  
Water comes up and used for shower, washer, dishes, toilet, etc, then goes back in the ground via septic system. I'm putting it back after use.
So you are showering and washing dishes with septic water?

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #72  
At my last house I wish town water came down my road. Well water was awful, had a very "swampy" taste and odor.
I can't guess why. But a RO system into which you reintroduce the mineral load that best suits your taste would fix the problem. The Reverse Osmosis would remove everything from the water leaving only water. Then you can make it taste great.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #74  
No one said you can’t. But you don’t own the water under you land in your state. That’s a fact.
No one ever said anything about it. I kinda heard some rumors along that line, so I didn't ask any questions so as to not draw any attention. I did get a nice little drilling rig. All hydraulic, top drive. Water circulates through the pipe. I had a few Tri Cone bits, welded up an adapter. I made some home made bits out of collars from upset tubing, and they work great in soil. I put a Tri Cone on when I hit bedrock. Process gets slow then. I've only been 300' with it, but still had a lot more pipe.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #75  
So you are showering and washing dishes with septic water?
We all are. All the water on the planet has been shat into, spat into, and died into. There is no escaping used water. Same with the air.

Same with everything else. Every single molecule of material in my body was, in times past, somewhere else, serving some other purpose, and doing it countless times before those molecules found their way into my body.

We are all made up of used stuff.

Last edited:
   / California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #76  
people have wasted too much on lawns and cars?
Every single drop of water that was on the planet when it first spun into orbit is still right here. Not one drop has gone anywhere.

What does happen, is that the water moves. Aquifers are not static. And we pump them down and dump it in the ocean, thus adding to the planet's natural dynamism, but it's all still here.

The planet is dynamic. That's what killed the Myans. The water table changed underneath them, but they were ignorant and imagined that human sacrifice might solve the problem. The demise of the Maya civilization: Water shortage can destroy cultures: Interplay between society and hydrological effects

Today, we are doing something almost exactly the same, as the Myans did, with all the problems we don't understand.

Last edited:
   / California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #77  
I think that depends on the state. I think it also depends on whether SCOTUS will uphold such laws.
I know that depends on the state. That’s why I told him he doesn’t own the water in his state.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #78  
And when there isn't any water because people have wasted too much on lawns and cars?
If the government was selling dirt, there would be a shortage of it. No water has ever went anywhere. It's all still here. The line the fella marked on a rock as sea level is still right there at sea level. Been there for hundreds of years.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #79  
No one said you can’t. But you don’t own the water under you land in your state. That’s a fact.
California is just irrigated desert anyways. They should have known that wouldn't last. T Boone Pickens was onto something.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #80  
Today, we are doing something almost exactly the same, as the Aztecs did, with all the problems we don't understand.
I hope that it doesn't come down to sacrificing humans. :eek:

Then again I can think of a few I would volunteer, provided the gods would accept them. :D