Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming?

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #102  
The quote I cited was from one of the brightest minds (genius) of modern times...Richard Feynman

I am not exactly sure what you are saying here, but I don't Feynman meant what you think he meant. Here is the transcript from that entire speech if anyone wants to read it: What Is Science?
if the data does not fit the theory...change the data"

Einstein definitely never said this, and it is likely that no actual scientist or person worth quoting actually said this. It is likely that the original was:
There’s an age-old adage “if the facts don’t fit the theory, change the theory”. But all too often it’s easier to change the facts

but that has been distorted over the years.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #103  
The quote I cited was from one of the brightest minds (genius) of modern times
one of the more frustrating things that thrives in the world we live in is that just because a person is smart; brilliant even, doesn't mean they are right about much. That doesn't mean they have any common sense. Doesn't mean much at all.
Herman Goering was brilliant
****** was a fabulous leader.
They weren't right about anything.

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #104  
I am not exactly sure what you are saying here, but I don't Feynman meant what you think he meant. Here is the transcript from that entire speech if anyone wants to read it:
Einstein definitely never said this, and it is likely that no actual scientist or person worth quoting actually said this. It is likely that the original was:
There’s an age-old adage “if the facts don’t fit the theory, change the theory”. But all too often it’s easier to change the facts

but that has been distorted over the years.
First off you can't be sure if A.E. said it or not...just because you couldn't find it on google...secondly he (Einstein) was known to be quite sarcastic and often made fun of colleagues work...

I'm quite familiar with Feynmen and his work and citing the quote from that particular context is moot...He went on to use the line in several lectures where the term was used literally...(many of his lectures are on YT)...

FWIW...there's a TV movie about him (played by William Hurt) called "The Challenger Disaster" (which he was right about...and proved it...!)

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #105  
one of the more frustrating things that thrives in the world we live in is that just because a person is smart; brilliant even, doesn't mean they are right about much. That doesn't mean they have any common sense. Doesn't mean much at all.
Herman Goering was brilliant
****** was a fabulous leader.
They weren't right about anything.

When it comes to Fenyman...his legacy speaks for itself...

/ Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #107  
   / Reducing pollution is contributing to global warming? #110