Best truck under $10k?

/ Best truck under $10k? #131  
How heavy was the tractor in the 5th picture? closer to two tons? I like our little trailer too, its more of a half ton model but its a handy size for behind the atv in the woods, but also carries the atv as well. I pick up 800-1000lbs of firewood round somewhere, tow it home, drop the trailer in the driveway and then get the atv to take it to the backyard to split and stack right by the door nearest to the fireplace.
With the sides removed from the trailer, flat deck only, its under 400 lbs bare (and when loaded, a third of that 400 lbs is carried on the hitch). Everything was close to rated weight, but not over - tires, axle, chassis, hitch, bringing the little Yanmar home over 20 miles of empty back roads, slow and cautious. An uneventful trip.

My larger Yanmar (sig photo below) was a different story. I had a Trooper then, and rented a Uhaul car carrier to bring the tractor a hundred miles to the ranch. First thing I did starting out was a brake check, the surge brake on the trailer worked well, no brake problem. Then along the way I saw a truck scale and weighed the entire rig. Near 9,000 lbs total, a lot more than I expected. That was an uneventful trip also but I would have rented a pickup to tow with if I had known how heavy the car carrier was before loading anything on it. The plate on it said 2,000 lbs tare but it had to be considerably more. I PO'd a few people poking along at 50mpg on the two-lane parts with minimal passing opportunities. Pulled off to let everyone pass, where I could. No problems on that trip, but I'll rent proper gear if I do something like that again.

/ Best truck under $10k? #132  
You are getting worn out scrap for $10,000.
One man’s scrap is another man’s treasure.

We’ve been buying used vehicles since we’ve been married and drive them till the bodies fall off. It’s been a very good decision financially for us.

Our 93 Suburban that we just sold worked out to about $450 per year over 13-14 years that we owned it.

Our 2003 Suburban was well under $10K a year ago May. It’s just fine. Not even close to worn out or scrap yet.

/ Best truck under $10k? #135  
If I was buying a full size pickup today I'd look for a mid 90s Chevy, lowest mileage possible, rust free. Rare for sure, but there are some around. Really well built, run forever, and REPAIRABLE by the average gearhead. Most of today's vehicles are great as leases, not sure I'd want anything for the long term.

/ Best truck under $10k? #136  
If I was buying a full size pickup today I'd look for a mid 90s Chevy, lowest mileage possible, rust free. Rare for sure, but there are some around. Really well built, run forever, and REPAIRABLE by the average gearhead. Most of today's vehicles are great as leases, not sure I'd want anything for the long term.
There are a lot of them in Oklahoma. That’s where we picked up our current 2003 Suburban last year.