Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,921  
View attachment 762754
Picking oak limbs up out of the driveway.
I could look at photos of the M59/62 doing woods work all day long! I love seeing it with the grapple on the front, and anything other than the backhoe on the back. Nice machine!

#1,922  
Love it, use what you have! Really nice box blade by the way (y)

#1,923  
I have had more blow downs across my trails this year than any other I can remember. I removed this smallish 5 stemmed branchy white pine top yesterday with my FrostBite grapple.

View attachment 762691

Since I'm an old guy just out to have fun I decided to mount my camera on the front cross bar of the ROPS with a birds eye view. It would have worked good except the tractor vibration affected the camera and drove it wild in spots. So it's a little hard to watch. Since I have no pics I put it here anyway. It's like all my work - I try to keep it from getting exciting. While playing pick-up sticks with all those branches I tipped up a pretty good rock which became in the way. So I plucked it out and you can see it roll down the hill at about 11:00 minutes. It left quite a crater in the middle of the trail.

Here is the stuff I moved.

View attachment 762699

The video - It is what it is.

When I was done with the grapple I used the butt plate on my winch like a dozer blade to scrape up enough dirt to fill the hole. Then I used it again to back drag the area to even it off.

View attachment 762698

gg
Gordon,
I watched your full youtube video. I never thought much of those frostbite style grapples, but you've given me an open mind to their uses. The area came out great, and I like the use of the winch blade to 'back blade' the area smooth.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,924  
I could look at photos of the M59/62 doing woods work all day long! I love seeing it with the grapple on the front, and anything other than the backhoe on the back. Nice machine!
They are a good combination/size machine for sure (y)

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,925  
Gordon,
I watched your full youtube video. I never thought much of those frostbite style grapples, but you've given me an open mind to their uses. The area came out great, and I like the use of the winch blade to 'back blade' the area smooth.

I find it interesting that the general consensus is that wide is better. And it probably is on perfectly flat ground where you can set the entire width on the surface. But on rougher ground like I have or in the woods with stumps and such where it is hard to find a flat area I think narrow is much better. I can grab stuff laying at angle and have the weight in the center rather than by a outside edge of the grapple and be way of center, It also lets me grab stuff tight in at the trail edge easier when I have to come in at an angle. I also don't see the narrowness as being much of a disadvantage to how much you can grab. But maneuverability and light weight is by far the biggest advantage to me.

Here is a better picture of the finished job.

22_9_14-3.jpg

gg

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,926  
For your viewing pleasure. :)
Pics
Found another buried bone - Future wall stone
View from driver's seat
Another bone in building site
There is a bucket down there somewhere. Standing in the operator station to see the bucket.

Attachments

• 1663419985785.png
    1663419985785.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • 1663420266625.png
    1663420266625.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • 1663420358668.png
    1663420358668.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0596- Kubota hoe in silt pond.jpg
    IMAG0596- Kubota hoe in silt pond.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
   / Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,927  
And some more

Bone wider than 72" wide grapple
Another building site bone. My wife keeps asking why it takes so long to complete a project. :rolleyes:
Standing outside with local wild birds. For perspective, that is a weed wacker at my feet.
SSQA trailer mover. Tried the clamp on and nearly lost a 4K lb trailer. Bought the CL Fab.

Attachments

• 1663421179334.png
    1663421179334.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 1663420909730.png
    1663420909730.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0733 Local birds.jpg
    IMAG0733 Local birds.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 1663421540447.png
    1663421540447.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
   / Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,928  
I think I need a bigger machine than M59 to move this bone. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Bone 14'x2'x?? deep.jpg
    Bone 14'x2'x?? deep.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 72