Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,721  
Just when you think you've seen it all, something new can happen.

Yesterday, I decided to take a short drive to see how much construction work has been done lately in this area, and as I was coming back south on I35E to exit at Exit 460 and was in the exit lane with the driver’s window open because it was such a beautiful day when an 18 wheeler went by. I briefly saw something flash in front of my face and heard a crash. Then I saw my windshield was broken on the right side and a 3.0 oz wheel weight laying on the dash.

Obviously, the automotive wheel weight came from that truck, flew in through my open window and broke my windshield from the inside. If it had hit me, there would have been serious, if not fatal, injuries.

So now I have a new windshield ordered to be installed in 2 weeks.
Dang...glad lady luck was also along for the ride.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,723  
Obviously, the automotive wheel weight came from that truck, flew in through my open window and broke my windshield from the inside. If it had hit me, there would have been serious, if not fatal, injuries.
Is it time to buy a lottery ticket?

/ Good morning!!!! #156,724  
Good morning.
51 and raining, .8” since it started, supposed to continue for a few days.

Yesterday wasn’t sunny, but it was dry. I got the little airplane put back together, speaker left with a happy new owner, puttered around and got some shop chores done.

About to go out to breakfast with my wife, today I start my 7th decade. I’m going to celebrate by flying a trip to Manchester,NH this evening. Not much else planned.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,725  
The door is 34"
Side wall by refrigerator is 30"
Side wall by double stove is 30"
two back walls are 4' 6"

6- 12" shelves on each back wall
total shelf space = 47 sq. feet of pantry shelf space
(there are no shelves on the 30" side walls, just the 12" of the back shelf)
(ceiling is 9')

Thanks Don, that’s a huge help. I designed one last night with 3 ft side walls, and 5 ft inside, it looked to big. I’m guessing the double oven cabinet is 34” wide. A 30” wide oven probably needs at least 32” cabinet. That only leaves 1” per side, yours looks like 2” per side of the oven.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,726  
Happy Birthday Popgadget.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,727  
Bird, wow, glad it was just the windshield that got hit.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,728  
happy birthday Paul, fly safely, live well

rain has pretty much stopped for a while

/ Good morning!!!! #156,730  
Just when you think you've seen it all, something new can happen.

Yesterday, I decided to take a short drive to see how much construction work has been done lately in this area, and as I was coming back south on I35E to exit at Exit 460 and was in the exit lane with the driver’s window open because it was such a beautiful day when an 18 wheeler went by. I briefly saw something flash in front of my face and heard a crash. Then I saw my windshield was broken on the right side and a 3.0 oz wheel weight laying on the dash.

So now I have a new windshield ordered to be installed in 2 weeks.
Wow! Glad you were so lucky with your misfortune