Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,711  
I saw a pantry like that on someone else’s plans. Wife wants double wall oven, so might put that beside it.

Wife wants sink at a window. Will put island cooktop.

Think I’ll move the stair to an unorthodox location on the back side of the house, and put 4ft overhang trusses. Basically a stair well bump out on the back right, and the back left will have a 4 ft porch under the overhang.
I thought you wanted to get rid of stairs. What is the difference between a stairs to a basement or a stairs to a second floor?
We have a large closet (near the center of the house) that houses all the heating and cooling for the house on the main floor.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,712  
Good evening all. 53ºF for the start, clear sky, breezy. Light to moderate wind, clear sky and high temp was 82ºF. Bike ride to start morning, then wait for wife to wake up from nap. We headed to Sherman with the Volagi, and as soon as they saw the bike they knew what they did, and wife and I went too lunch. After lunch they had bike ready, including bolt caliper in place and adjusted. Got home in time for nap. After dinner got Volagi ready to ride for the morning.
Dennis interesting layout, nice sunset. You have a lot to consider on the cabin.
Helogabals hope the office jobs went well, and your weekend arrangements go well. thanks for size comparison.
Buppie good to hear stomach issues better, continued prayers for everything else.
Mike thanks for BIL update. sorry to hear about BIL neighbor house gone.
Drew FL boats look very sad. Hope new gas can works for you. Congrats on school building project.
Roy glad you getting some rain.
NHBX sorry about knee. prayers for quick recovery.
Thomas nice evening last night hope date night even better :)
Paul good to hear all yesterday's activities went well. Hope speaker ready for customer.
Don hope your forecast was correct. Nice you now know about light switches.
Ken good to hear you Florida people not too damages. On the rear wheel they assembled axle mirrored, and wheel not centered or symmetrical. Brake disc was biggest issue. I brought bike to the today, they redid axle and all is well. Nice greeter ;)
Billy hope you get dump run in.
Chris I will not bet against you on material prices.
PJ glad you got some studio time, not sure I could get by on 5 1/2 hours sleep.
Bill glad cold is quickly easing
Newbury sad story.
Scotty good to hear heat lower. We used to have to plan trips to town, call ahead to check availability.
Mark hope you don't get too much water.
Drew did any of them get much damage?
David congrats on 39 years with Sophie. How does she put up with you? ;) sorry about guys loosing at H&F.
Ken sorry about the microwave damage.
Scaredy glad to hear Florida friends ok
Scaredy glad shoulder may improve more, glad dog did not hurt shoulder. Congrats on Lotto 2.
Doug good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about extra bodies, hope it goes smooth enough.
Roy thanks for the link.
Kyle hope the conference was worth while. Sorry about missing the sale.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and family drama, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, , Roy /palpitations, /angina, /alligatoritus, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Billy /wife back & hip, mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans and land purchase and development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery,Mike /spine injury and recovery, Scotty, /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,713  
I thought you wanted to get rid of stairs. What is the difference between a stairs to a basement or a stairs to a second floor?
We have a large closet (near the center of the house) that houses all the heating and cooling for the house on the main floor.

How big is corner pantry? How far do side walls come out? I drew 5 ft, takes a lot of space. I still want basement, but nothing down there that’s required. Will have a walk out basement.

It looks like for a 30” countertop stove or 30” wall oven, you need at least 32” base. Hole size must be over 28.5” wide and a 30” base cabinet is only 28” inside.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,714  
good morning all
steady rain out, very little wind, looks like rainy weather through tomorrow, temps in 50s
1.1 inches of rain so far, less than expected
power went out for a few minutes, got me out of bed to check on things, then back on.
I wake up to the beep beep beep of the computer UPS.

definitely an inside day today
and I remembered to turn off the hot tub since it's still hooked into the same receptacle as the sump pump.
I took a long soak last night, reading my Kindle in the hot water. It's allegedly water resistant but I didn't test it, just wet fingers.

so many folks waking up to disaster, haven't heard back yet from friends in FL other than to hear they are ok and running on generator
My brother has three friends in Marco Island that I bet got clobbered pretty badly.
I bet the price of lumber zooms back up

/ Good morning!!!! #156,715  
How big is corner pantry? How far do side walls come out? I drew 5 ft, takes a lot of space. I still want basement, but nothing down there that’s required. Will have a walk out basement.

It looks like for a 30” countertop stove or 30” wall oven, you need at least 32” base. Hole size must be over 28.5” wide and a 30” base cabinet is only 28” inside.
The door is 34"
Side wall by refrigerator is 30"
Side wall by double stove is 30"
two back walls are 4' 6"

6- 12" shelves on each back wall
total shelf space = 47 sq. feet of pantry shelf space
(there are no shelves on the 30" side walls, just the 12" of the back shelf)
(ceiling is 9')

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,716  
IMG_1199.JPG

Corner pantry

The refrigerator is a countertop depth - they come in two depths. with handles it is 30" deep and is sitting 2" from back wall.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,718  
Just when you think you've seen it all, something new can happen.

Yesterday, I decided to take a short drive to see how much construction work has been done lately in this area, and as I was coming back south on I35E to exit at Exit 460 and was in the exit lane with the driver’s window open because it was such a beautiful day when an 18 wheeler went by. I briefly saw something flash in front of my face and heard a crash. Then I saw my windshield was broken on the right side and a 3.0 oz wheel weight laying on the dash.

Obviously, the automotive wheel weight came from that truck, flew in through my open window and broke my windshield from the inside. If it had hit me, there would have been serious, if not fatal, injuries.

So now I have a new windshield ordered to be installed in 2 weeks.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,720  
Hellooo October :) 40F cloudy low 60's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.

Plans for today...AM rake area of those darn fallen pinecones,PM Mrs.and I shall visit Deerfield Fair until late afternoon and on the way back stop at her favorite Mex restaurant.

Enjoy the day all.