Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,901  
Good morning.
It’s 55 now, up 5 degrees from when I got up. Also about the forecast high.
Still overcast, damp and spitting rain.
We have gotten 4 inches of rain since Saturday, today is supposed to be the last of it.

No work has taken place outside, but the grass needs to be mowed as soon as it’s dry enough.
Yesterday I flew a short three legged trip to Virginia, back to PA and then a short hop back to Philly. No sign of the ground the entire time, except for about the first and last minute of each leg.
Might se some sun this afternoon though.

I took the Kimber apart to see if I could lighten the trigger pull. It’s advertised as 7lbs, but mine had a measured average of just about 10lbs. No grittiness, or creep, just a hard pull.
I did get it down to just under 5lbs which is a lot more reasonable. No parts changed, just “tweaked” things a bit.
IMG_9779.jpg

IMG_9778.jpg

Overall, I was pleased with the result.

This morning, took the wife out to breakfast with the professor, another friend joined us as well.

I’ve got a zoom meeting at 11, and after lunch withe a friend, we will try to extract a stripped screw from one of his long guns. Not sure of any more details than that.

As far as engineers designing things that are difficult or impossible to work on, a long time aircraft mechanic friend explained that airplanes must have been designed by an engineers that caught their wives sleeping with mechanics!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,902  
70°F and .10 inches rain.

Slow but meaningful progress with remodel yesterday. Nothing pic worthy. Clean up of demo got the old counter aligned and secured and the 2x4 base supports. Found some matching tiles for back splash.

Today we be another less productive day - trip to Costco. Usually back around 2 and then have to put stuff away.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #156,903  
Heard on the radio this morning that the fan who caught Aaron Judge's 62nd homerun ball lives in Trenton IL. He said someone's already offered him $100K for it.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,904  
went out and picked the first of the radish crop, just starting plus a few peppers. Lot of peppers still growing, but expect first freeze to wipe them out.

what is really wiped out is my back lawn. Deer, I believe, are coming in at night and ripping up the lawn looking for grubs. Can see hoof marks where they are smacking into the dirt.
Did this last year also, but twice as bad this year.

Attachments

• IMG_1347 (1).JPG
    IMG_1347 (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1346 (2).JPG
    IMG_1346 (2).JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 61
   / Good morning!!!! #156,905  
Good Afternoon, currently 75° here.. Gas at lunch today was $3.08 on this side of Raleigh.. Where I live on the other side it is $3.60 ..

Yesterday, took wife for colonoscopy..She has had 5 bouts of diverticulitis this year..They found the spot and a surgeon will go in and cut out a piece of the colon hopefully in November..

Hope everyone has a great day..

/ Good morning!!!! #156,906  
Truck all cleaned out and dash and floor got a good dose of armoral. I will leave in the wee small hours and hopefully be there before rush hour.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,907  
Safe trip L4N

Mark P prayers for your wife and upcoming surgery

/ Good morning!!!! #156,908  
Another long day.
Saw the new car. Signed the contract, now waiting on credit union to process funds. Even got insurance set up.
Did not trade the Subaru. For what they offered I’ll keep it. If my youngest gets a job he will need a vehicle.

Slow on Here today, only had about 7 posts to catch up.

Was thinking about toppop tonight. Hope Ellen is doing ok.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,909  
Wellll it’s been one of those days :rolleyes: short work day almost to our driveway notice something laying just of to one side,someone shear off 6x6 pt.post for the mailbox and didn’t leave not etc.😡 just black plastic small broken red lens,started blowing leaves about noon went inside get cold drink and was in pain so off to hospital arrive at ER 4pm little after 9pm she finally in ER. bed,I ask head RN about how much longer before Dr. shows up she said hour or two 😳 goner be long night. Sleep well all.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,910  
Gosh Thomas get better soon anything I can do let me know