2022 GMC Canyon

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #31  
I found in my climate the heavy rubber bed mat works for me.

It protects the bed and removable and also quiets and things tend not to slide around…

Last edited:
   / 2022 GMC Canyon #32  
Glad you are enjoying your truck! My F250 came with a factory brake controller, and I don't know what brand I had installed in my previous F150. I would check ETrailer.com, they have a lot of recommendations, articles, and tutorials. Reasonable pricing also.

As far as bed liners, I also prefer the heavy rubber mats. They stay put and keep material from sliding around.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #33  
Update - still loving the truck. Filled up today, hand calc'ed average a 25.1 and the average per tank on the computer said 25.

Jstpssng - figured out the fuel thing using the steering wheel controls. Has the same choices 25, 50 and 450. No stalk control though.

Sunday I spent some time under the truck, applying NH Oil Undercoating and Fluid Film. I sprayed the inside and outside of the frame rails (got a little hose doodad for cans of fluid film) and did the inside of the rocker panels. Made a mess of the driveway. When NH OU says you can do this yourself if you don't mind getting dirty, thats a huge understatement. Its positively disgusting.

I've added Weathertech floor liners, some cheap seat covers and have a few other things to do. Couple of questions for you guys:
- I think I want to put a spray in bedliner. Any thoughts?
- It has the tow package but not the optional brake controller. I wish GM would just include that. Any suggestions on the controller? It won't tow often, but I think I want something better that the Reese in the dump truck.
I have a spray in liner and a rubber mat, I would go for it. Agreed on the controller -- on my 16 GMC an integrated controller couldn't be added after the fact...Went with the dealer installed Curt--I don't recommend that one, the sensitivity adjustment is a PITA

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #34  
I have used a couple of types of do it yourself brush in liners. The Herculiner is pretty good. Nothing is as good as the factory spray in though. I also have always used a rubber mat. The Prodigy controller I had on an earlier truck was pretty good, but the factory Ford I have now is better.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #35  
another option is to buy one of these economical shorty pick-ups, and a flatdeck / utility trailer (for those occasional plywood loads) - way cheaper than a full sized pick-up.

if you like me, use a pick-up as a pick-up on a daily basis ... go big or go home :)

I have a 93 Silverado C2500 with 166,000 kms, bought it 6 yrs ago ... can't afford to replace it, it's great.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #36  
Even with the liner, a mat will keep things from sliding around. As others have said, I have both. I've taken diggers from the bed when a bit of snow got onto the sprayed on liner of a previous truck, and probably cracked a couple of ribs; I would like to avoid that again as I don't bounce the way that I used.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon
East Coast slang for a wild trip and fall. Usually involves windmilling arms and flailing legs!

/ 2022 GMC Canyon
Oh - it's pronounced diggah too. :)

The last spray in liner I had was great at protecting the bed, but stuff that you wanted to slide would stick like glue, and stuff that you didn't want to slide would careen all over the bed. I like the rubber mat idea. Its the only bed protector I haven't tried yet too.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon
I don't think scaredychicken believes me about the bigger truck. Here is my tow rig. Love this old truck too.

Ford.jpg