2022 GMC Canyon

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #11  
I bought a 2 year old extended cab Colorado just as the shortage started and am glad that I did. I wasn't ready for the 4 cylinder Ranger and Toyota didn't have a thing on the lot. Earlier this summer I checked my mileage over a 465 mile road trip, about half of which was traveling up the interstate at 70-80 mph; I got just over 22 mpg. If I keep it below 50 it will give me as much as 25mpg... I think I've done that at least once. :D

Somebody mentioned the tiny rear seat of the extended cab and they are right; the trucks aren't designed to be hauling people in the back. The Rangers offered a rear seat delete when I was looking at them. I'm not sure whether that is still the case or not.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #12  
I drove a rental Colorado 4x4 for two weeks this summer and it was nice.

My only issue was it seemed to ride rough compared to my 2020 Ram 2500, but I don’t know what the tire pressure was.

I would like to try a diesel Colorado/Canyon as I have heard they get great MPG.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #13  
You bought what you wanted, that's awesome. Those are nice trucks

I've got bigger trucks for that.
This answers all the other questions - good for you

I have a 93 Silverado ext cab, C2500, 2wd, 6.5 ft bed, canopy, 165,000 kms. I love it. I can't replace it, and i need a truck. We have a Murano SUV for everything else. I have a 90 GMC Tracker as an all year runaround.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #14  
On these shorter beds is there any chance to put s 4x8 sheet overhanging or flat with tailgate down?

With my short bed Silverado step-side I can haul many sheets with gate down and a few cross town with gate up which 98% of the time is all I need.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #15  
On these shorter beds is there any chance to put s 4x8 sheet overhanging or flat with tailgate down?

With my short bed Silverado step-side I can haul many sheets with gate down and a few cross town with gate up which 98% of the time is all I need.
WHY do people make such a big deal over that? I realize that it was a marketing ploy back when the S-10 came out yet it's really more of a talking point than a problem. I can understand if all that you do is drive around with 4x8 sheets of plywood in back, but for the average pickup user that's just one of the reasons to buy a truck. I drove 450 miles in my Colorado yesterday. With my Silverado it would have cost around $94.00 in gas. Instead I paid $76.00. That's just one reason I have a Colorado.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #16  
Seems our new style ranger gets better fuel mileage and more HP for towing. It does tow large items nicely and love its 6ft box.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #17  

The distance between the wheel wells is like 44" so plywood won't be flat on the floor. They have 2 pockets molded into the sides that hold two 2x6 boards that allows 4x8 sheets to go above the wheel wells. I think the tailgate also gets put in the half-down position so it also supports the sheets.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #18  
The distance between the wheel wells is like 44" so plywood won't be flat on the floor. They have 2 pockets molded into the sides that hold two 2x6 boards that allows 4x8 sheets to go above the wheel wells. I think the tailgate also gets put in the half-down position so it also supports the sheets.
Thanks for the info...

/ 2022 GMC Canyon
Arly - there is a similar Ranger to yours on the lot at the nearest Ford dealer. Of course I stopped to look at it. Extended cab, blue, 4x4, Lariat. Nice. But the sticker was around $44K and the dealer tacked on another $4K as an availability fee.

I really like the new Rangers, but the driving position and entering/existing felt a bit awkward, which is weird because Fords usually seem more comfortable. It's the B pillar and the roof line that makes getting in for me a little difficult. Then my shoulder is up against the pillar and makes me lean to the center. The GMs and the Toyotas feel just a little wider on the inside.

I know GM is coming out with the new Colorado/Canyon twins next year and I think that's to step up their game to Ford. Pretty obvious as they will be offering a turbo direct injected 4 cylinder engine with the 10 speed auto. But the price is expected to jump $4-5K too.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #20  
Arly - there is a similar Ranger to yours on the lot at the nearest Ford dealer. Of course I stopped to look at it. Extended cab, blue, 4x4, Lariat. Nice. But the sticker was around $44K and the dealer tacked on another $4K as an availability fee.

I really like the new Rangers, but the driving position and entering/existing felt a bit awkward, which is weird because Fords usually seem more comfortable. It's the B pillar and the roof line that makes getting in for me a little difficult. Then my shoulder is up against the pillar and makes me lean to the center. The GMs and the Toyotas feel just a little wider on the inside.

I know GM is coming out with the new Colorado/Canyon twins next year and I think that's to step up their game to Ford. Pretty obvious as they will be offering a turbo direct injected 4 cylinder engine with the 10 speed auto. But the price is expected to jump $4-5K too.
I've had some bad history with GM.. Nonetheless, when I checked the Colorado's engine specs back in 2019, the Ranger was well ahead in HP and torque,, but if its not a comfortable machine for you to ride in, that takes precedence. (y)