2022 GMC Canyon

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #41  
East Coast slang for a wild trip and fall. Usually involves windmilling arms and flailing legs!
Thanks crashz, I thought about that when I read about cracked ribs but didn't put it together. Now I got ya!
Nice tow truck you've got also!

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #43  
I'm wanting to replace my Honda Ridgeline with another midsize 4x4 truck. There's nothing wrong with my Ridgeline it's just that after 5 years I'm interested in something different and I'd like something with a bit more towing capability than 5,000#, like at least 6,500. I don't want a full size truck because of the narrow little roads I drive on every day but I'd like something with nice ride quality and a comfortable, quiet interior. After studying what's out there, both now and coming soon, I had decided on GM's new Canyon which was thought to have the 2.7 turbo from the 1/2 ton (it does) and 10 speed auto (it does not, they are using the ubiquitous 8 speed). Shoot I've heard of too many problems with the 8-speed auto but GM says they improved it, so OK I'll order one.
Then I read that GM is requiring you buy their OnStar for 3 years which is a "$1,500 mandatory option"! Surely not right? I mean if OnStar was free and in my vehicle I'd remove it. Anyway last week I asked my friend who owns the local Ford/GMC dealership when they could place orders? He said "very soon now'. And then I asked if it was true GM will only sell a GMC truck with the $1,500 OnStar? He grimaced and said "unfortunately yes". When I said unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me he said it has been for quite a number of potential customers and it's costing him sales every day. He said GM is looking to increase profit and sees yearly subscriptions as the future, GM make 8% on a new truck but 80% on OnStar.
So I'm back to square one now. By default it may be Ford's new Ranger coming next year, my friend is to let me know when they can order.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #44  
I'm wanting to replace my Honda Ridgeline with another midsize 4x4 truck. There's nothing wrong with my Ridgeline it's just that after 5 years I'm interested in something different and I'd like something with a bit more towing capability than 5,000#, like at least 6,500. I don't want a full size truck because of the narrow little roads I drive on every day but I'd like something with nice ride quality and a comfortable, quiet interior. After studying what's out there, both now and coming soon, I had decided on GM's new Canyon which was thought to have the 2.7 turbo from the 1/2 ton (it does) and 10 speed auto (it does not, they are using the ubiquitous 8 speed). Shoot I've heard of too many problems with the 8-speed auto but GM says they improved it, so OK I'll order one.
Then I read that GM is requiring you buy their OnStar for 3 years which is a "$1,500 mandatory option"! Surely not right? I mean if OnStar was free and in my vehicle I'd remove it. Anyway last week I asked my friend who owns the local Ford/GMC dealership when they could place orders? He said "very soon now'. And then I asked if it was true GM will only sell a GMC truck with the $1,500 OnStar? He grimaced and said "unfortunately yes". When I said unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me he said it has been for quite a number of potential customers and it's costing him sales every day. He said GM is looking to increase profit and sees yearly subscriptions as the future, GM make 8% on a new truck but 80% on OnStar.
So I'm back to square one now. By default it may be Ford's new Ranger coming next year, my friend is to let me know when they can order.
Maybe you should look at a ranger? :unsure: at 36,000 miles, we are quite happy with it so far.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #45  
That's the plan Arly. I'll likely order 2024, unless Ford does something stupid. I sure wish it would come with a longer bed though, my understanding is the new model will only come as crew cab and 5' bed.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #46  
That's the plan Arly. I'll likely order 2024, unless Ford does something stupid. I sure wish it would come with a longer bed though, my understanding is the new model will only come as crew cab and 5' bed.
That's the trouble. They finally started making a pickup which doesn't require a commercial plate to legally register it, (<6000 lbs), now they are turning them into passenger cars. GM is doing the same thing. If I wanted a 4 door behemoth I'd buy a Yukon or Excursion. I like my small truck because it's better on gas, weighs less so can go more places without getting stuck; and doesn't need 40 acres if I need to turn it around. I like my Colorado and was planning on keeping it for a while; yet if I can find a new one I'll trade, just because it's the last year they will be making the smaller extended cab version... with the V-6.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #47  
I've had a drop-in liner since new with my '97 F350 LB and for a long time there was a rubber mat too. The mat behaves as mentioned above - a hint of cushion plus keeps stuff from sliding around. Gradually was deformed in a couple spots by diesel drips, but it worked well enough. I've found in general that having a somewhat slippery bed works well for me as I can just chuck things into the 8' bed from the tail end and slide them to the front, but sometimes I miss the mat (got rid of the mat when it started falling apart after 15 years, and it always stank and marked things black).

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #48  
I've had a drop-in liner since new with my '97 F350 LB and for a long time there was a rubber mat too. The mat behaves as mentioned above - a hint of cushion plus keeps stuff from sliding around. Gradually was deformed in a couple spots by diesel drips, but it worked well enough. I've found in general that having a somewhat slippery bed works well for me as I can just chuck things into the 8' bed from the tail end and slide them to the front, but sometimes I miss the mat (got rid of the mat when it started falling apart after 15 years, and it always stank and marked things black).
We got one of those rubber matts and kind a like it. We just slide it out when we like to get most of the dirt out.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #49  
We got one of those rubber matts and kind a like it. We just slide it out when we like to get most of the dirt out.
Exactly! It's a bit of a pain when loading/unloading my snowsled, so I slide the plywood in which I used before getting the bedliner.

/ 2022 GMC Canyon #50  
My dad had a slip-in bed liner in his ex-cab Colorado and it fit real good...better than others I've seen. Also, there is a good chance that the 2023 Colorado may not have the subscriptions like the GMC does.