Buying Advice I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year!

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #71  
All new tractors over 70 hp have it. Hope it it trouble free since so many skid steers use the Doosan engine.

But you still haven't explained what "DEP" stands for, to us dummies. I know that DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, and I know my Kubota has a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter)...but what the devil is "DEP" ??????

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #72  
1668190779962.png

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year!
Oops. DEF.
But you still haven't explained what "DEP" stands for, to us dummies. I know that DEF is Diesel Exhaust Fluid, and I know my Kubota has a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter)...but what the devil is "DEP" ??????
Guess you can tell that I have never bought any DEF before, but guess that will change now!

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #74  
Has anyone checked out the Deutz tractors?
I don't think they use the DEF?

willy

Has anyone checked out the Deutz tractors?
I don't think they use the DEF?

willy
TYM makes a 74hp T-754 with a Deutz engine. It does not use DEF and looks like a really nice tractor, but any 75 hp or above tractor regardless of manufacturer is required to use DEF. Bummer.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #76  
2023 John Deere 5-series with 75 horse engine doesn't have DEF and doesn't have a DPF either. They've gone to a simpler system. My neighbor has a 5075 that's about 5 years old and her DPF clogged last week due to excessive low-RPM use.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #78  
I wouldn’t touch anything that did not come with KTAC Insurance.

I’ve owned 2 that did & plan to be getting a 3rd soon.

No way in the world I’d consider your #2 or #3.

Green has soured around this hill even though there’s 12 between all the farms.
Many homeowners insurance give the same protection as KTAC.
I have Texas Farm Bureau which gives a $250 deductible on farm equipment but is much cheaper than KTAC.

/ I want to buy a new Tier 4 tractor this year! #79  
Care to provide a substantiating link?

It's right there on Deere's website.

"The same powerful, reliable engine you love, but now no regen required on 5E 3-Cylinder models while still meet the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Final Tier 4 (FT4) exhaust emissions regulations..... no DEF fluid, no DPF, and no regen required, you can focus on completing your jobs while your tractor keeps providing the power you need."

2023 John Deere 5-series with 75 horse engine doesn't have DEF and doesn't have a DPF either. They've gone to a simpler system. My neighbor has a 5075 that's about 5 years old and her DPF clogged last week due to excessive low-RPM use.
Yes, I am sure that is true since TYM, Kioti, Mahindra and others pioneered the SCR Catalyst system. Below 75 hp, none of then have DPF or use DEF.

I considered a Deer and have an old one in my barn now, but the new six series Deer Utility tractors compare with the new TYM T-1104 6 Series TYM Utility Tractor quiet well, unfortunately price out about twice as much!