TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,144  
$192 for a NAPA battery. They said they expect them to go up another $30 next year.
I get a big discount from NAPA, but I didn't even ask them how much a group 31 would have cost me, I guess I just had my mind made up to get an Interstate.

Maybe next time...

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,145  
I get a big discount from NAPA, but I didn't even ask them how much a group 31 would have cost me, I guess I just had my mind made up to get an Interstate.

Maybe next time...

SR
I was looking for Interstate based on a previous post you had made. I thought their website indicated that NAPA sold them but I must have misread it. At any rate I needed a battery so I bought what I could.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,146  
If it gets cold where you are (I mean *really cold*), you will not be happy with an Interstate.

Even their "AGM" battery dies at 5 years old when it gets down to -30F (or colder). And I mean the first time it hits that temp, kills it like throwing a switch.

Their standard wet cell died the very first time it saw -30F. That was the OEM battery in my tractor.

Can't have that around here. Not for a piece of equipment or truck that doesn't sit in a cushy warm heated garage all winter.

I've been putting Optima AGM's in my stuff when it's time to replace the OEM Interstates. Never had an issue, can sit for a month at -40F, not plugged in (battery) to diddly, and fires right up.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,147  
If it gets cold where you are (I mean *really cold*), you will not be happy with an Interstate.

Even their "AGM" battery dies at 5 years old when it gets down to -30F (or colder). And I mean the first time it hits that temp, kills it like throwing a switch.

Their standard wet cell died the very first time it saw -30F. That was the OEM battery in my tractor.

Can't have that around here. Not for a piece of equipment or truck that doesn't sit in a cushy warm heated garage all winter.

I've been putting Optima AGM's in my stuff when it's time to replace the OEM Interstates. Never had an issue, can sit for a month at -40F, not plugged in (battery) to diddly, and fires right up.
I've used quite a few Interstates in Alaska, in -40F and they worked as good or better than any others in the same temps, we will see how this new one does.

Like I already said, my last AGM only lasted two years, so now I'm back to Interstate. lol

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,148  
Todays seat time for me, was to drive out to the woods, and use my skidding winch to skid my buck out.

Resized-20221120-180032-S.jpg

SR