I was snookered!

/ I was snookered! #11  
I have started to ask politely whether they worry about the damage to their Karma by doing what they do. I usually get a "click" by way of answer, but it puts a smile on my face. Petty, I know, but it seems more effective than chatting with them in Hindi or Bengali...

Mostly, I let everything go to voicemail. And yes, it is trivial to fake caller ID these days.

All the best,

Peter
Then you get the fake IRS voicemail = you will be arrested if you don't call us and identify your SS acct. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ I was snookered! #12  
Anytime your bank calls you about your account, it is best to ask the caller for his/her number and offer to call them back - you are busy now. THEN call the bank to verify if that is a bank employee or if there is a problem with your account.

It sure is easy to get excited and want to resolve the problem with the caller. BUT after some practice you will find it much easier to get answers rather than give answers.

When someone me and starts with "is this xxxx", I respond with "who is calling". I have a household rule - NEVER give ANY information over the phone to some who calls YOU that you do not know.

I had to laugh a few years ago. Someone called and thanked me for being a customer, but they needed to very my address. I informed them of our policy - I do not give any information over the phone to callers. He replied - OH I understand. That is good. So what street do you live on??? I hung up.

Calling them with a number I have or verified number is safe way to pass information if needed.

/ I was snookered! #13  
Then you get the fake IRS voicemail = you will be arrested if you don't call us and identify your SS acct. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Something to look forward to!

For whatever weird reason, my cell gets calls from the Chinese embassy, that others have told me is a command to come claim a package... "yeah, I will get right to that..."

/ I was snookered! #14  
There is no limit. Crooks work very hard at stealing your money. Last month my credit card was compromised. I leave it on file where I do online business weekly.
The stupid crooks used it for a couple of "go fund me" accounts. Then the idiots sent me a thank you for donating email. I googled the one person. She had 12 aliases and 16 different people shared her curent address.
So I called the bank and I called Go Fund Me and reported them...
The Best part was this. An automated follow up email from the go fund me accts informed me that since I was a contributor I could post a comment on the go fund me page, would I like to podt a comment? :oops:Oh HELL yes :D:LOL: I posted the most scathing comment possible ! Had my 2k$ back by days end.

/ I was snookered! #15  
My Mastercard number was stolen a few years ago by some California guy charging $3,000. They did a merchant charge back asking if I knew who it was. I said I had no clue but should be easy to find ordering a case of men's pink panties and 33x12.5R20 mudders and mags, obviously a gay guy with a 4 wheel drive.
She dropped the phone...

/ I was snookered! #16  
I can see how vulnerable people can be taken advantage of by these scumbags and firmly believe that scammers and human traffickers should be subject to medieval torture.
An acquaintance was contacted by some wholesaler closing out AKs,amo and bump stocks for pennies on the dollar. Being of the same opinion as you and a tough fellow ,he had two equally tough buddies secretly show up armed at the remote rendezvous place. The would be muggers recieved the beating of their lives and left naked zip-tied,hands behind back to trees.

/ I was snookered! #17  
About a year ago I got a credit card I didn’t ask for. I called to cancel it. I’m 99% sure I was talking to an actual credit card company but was 100% sure and he wanted my SS#. I wouldn’t give it to him. He then said I could just drive to the nearest branch bank and take care of it, which was a 4 hour drive. I passed on that option and eventually got a letter saying it was cancelled.

/ I was snookered! #18  
Something to look forward to!

For whatever weird reason, my cell gets calls from the Chinese embassy, that others have told me is a command to come claim a package... "yeah, I will get right to that..."
I had a call from Microsoft IT department. My computer was hacked and they could see the traffic from it right now.

I asked the politely to turn on the Webcam.

They asked why.

I said because if they are seeing activity on my computer, then some kid broke in and is checking out ****!!!

I needed a description so I knew whose a$$ I needed to kick!!!

Then told them nice try and they needed to come up with a better s ript for their scam and hung up.

I got a call later that night on my personal phone from the same yahoo's. This one showed the call came from China.

/ I was snookered! #19  
I constantly get calls as well. I love the one from "The Department of Visa-Mastercard" Yeah. Right!
Also the calls from the Pakistani/Indian fellow, representing "Medicare", who can never pronounce my name. Medicare has only ever contacted me by USPS, and sometimes via email, only directing me to log into my actual online account
There are other interesting callers, but my responses normally vary.
"Please restate your name, phone number, your company name and address, for my recording of this call"
"Due to very high caller activity, please clearly state your name and call back number, and I will return this call in the order that it was received.'
"Please restate the name of the party that you are calling, your name, phone number, and company name, and please hold, while I try to reconnect you."
I have others, but normally, the line goes dead quite quickly.

/ I was snookered! #20  
Back when I drank, those calls would come in after dinner and after I had a scotch or three. They were much more fun then. They usually devolved into me telling the guy what sex acts I was going to perform on his wife while I made his mother watch. What was really funny was I would then hang up on them, and they would call me back to threaten they were coming by the house to hurt me. Yeah like you can get from China or Nigeria or wherever you are into the US and find me..... good luck with that.

Remember the longer you keep them on the phone the less time they have to scam someone who might actually fall for it.