Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,661  
Good Morning
It’s 31 and should make it to 40 under a cloudy sky today.

Yesterday kept me busy, keeping Zoe occupied and fixing things.

The pizza oven is back in service, with all new gas controls, including the pilot burner and thermocouple. Not sure how old it is, but figuring out the required parts determined it was pre 1988. You wouldn’t know it, as over the years I’ve replaced the burners, the diffusers above them and the stones. The biggest pieces of the old stones were cut into pieces to fit in a home oven, and are still making pizza for several of my friends!
The ice machine was easier, it was the dump valve that drains the reservoir of water that is circulated over the chilled mold. It was leaking, causing it to run dry before the ice could be harvested.

When the restaurant was remodeled about 7 years I ago I took the old inoperative Manitowoc ice machine home. It became my home study project on how they work. It’s handy to have 400lbs of ice on hand in the barn now, and all the neighbors know it’s there as well.

Today I’m off with my buddy to replace a defrost control in a heat pump with my mechanical contractor buddy. It’s an old unit and parts were not available, so it’s getting a Honeywell universal control. I like them better than most of the OEM controls, because it’s got an ambient temp sensor and can be programmed for demand defrost rather than a straight timer as most are. He never installed one, and I’ve done several. It’s not complicated or above his pay grade, it’s just an excuse for me to go out with him for a while.

Later today I get to go to the city and see if their fingerprint machine is really fixed, as they claim it is. It’s only another 3 or 4 hours of my time I get to donate to the TSA…….
You wouldn’t happen to have a part number on that Honeywell unit, would you?

/ Good morning!!!! #162,662  
Goooood Morning TBN,
It is 36F under mostly sunny skies, after an overnight low of 29. Forecast is for skies to cloud up this afternoon with a high of 46.

Paperwork did not go well. We can't find a key document for a tax filing. Searched every nook and cranny on the first floor, today the search will begin on the second floor. We need to find it as we can't get a replacement.

KilroyJC- I would be putting the dishy on the lawn in front of your solar panels and firing that puppy up to see what you get. You have way more patience than I do. :)

Today's mission, find the paperwork we need and get trailer and equipment moved in prep for contractors next week to start working on the shop.

Have a good day everyone and be safe!
too many obstructions according to the app. The main obstruction being the house. . .

/ Good morning!!!! #162,663  
Morning all, was 30 going up to 43, winter is back.
School planning went fine, son seems to agree with some AP courses.
Next year we need to buy him a car, looking at used and prices still high, need next year so waiting.

Shopping for mini-splits so far the three top contenders are almost $2k different in price. Will need to think about this as I might go low to not destroy budget and do need to send kid to college in a few years. Our money used to go a lot farther.
We redid our budget based on actual costs last month, we have a lot less money left after basics than expected. insurance, food, energy all went up significantly as you all know.

A meetup at Washingtons Crossing would be fun. PopGadget, Drew, BEF, anyone else that can drop by.
Plenty of places to eat from Washingtons Crossing Inn to New Hope and Lambertville.

Buppies - feel better and sleep up at least 45 degrees so crud does not settle in lungs. We learned that with MIL. (not medical advice and I did not sleep in a holiday inn express last night)

PopG - 400 pounds of ice, how many ice cones would that make ??

back to day job, things still pretty up in the air for some of my big projects.

Hope to get back to tape/seal and start cleaning up the leftover foam board.

Anyone need 4 4x8 R6 one inch foam boards? Free for the taking.

Be well
On the Jersey side there is a State Park, and there are some campsites if you want to make a weekend out of it.

I ran a couple camping trips for a Coleman Collector’s Club there - there were people from 8 states and Canada!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,664  
Sounds like more govm't BS over-reach, to me.
Remember NBC and Side-Saddle Gas Tanks?

as soon as I see Certainly Not News I get very dubious. . .

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #162,665  
Today was relaxing doing some bills collecting for taxes the various paper work.

My motor home days and rv days are over but a used Bluebird was of some fascination to me for a long time. They are no longer made but a 10 year old with one or two owners was often offered at a very good price.

Number 9 is hooking up with a guy released from Jail and number 1 is being discharged from the VA facility not having a place to stay. Lots of worry but not much we can do about it. He gets enough money from SS and VA benefits but he blows it all.

But number 10 as we call her is our grand daughter got a lead role in the play Frozen in high school that she so wanted. We are happy for her. She stayed with us while her mother was in drug treatment and she is very close to us.

Hope that all of you under the weather will feel better soon and return to normal living and posting good stuff about life

/ Good morning!!!! #162,666  
Got the neighbor's mirror brackets done yesterday afternoon, but he forgot to take his mirror with him when he stopped by to pick them up. Said he only paid nine bux for the whole thing, including the two brackets like the ones it took me too long to make, but were too small for the roll bar on his CanAm. How can manufacturers in China do that and still stay in business?
Simple. Because people only want to pay $9 bucks. Brackets are the worst. I have learned to flat out tell friends that want some kind of bracket, to either find and buy exactly what they need, or I might possibly modify a purchased one.
My task is to determine why my softener salt tank keeps filling with water. Replaced the gasket under the venturi as all the videos point to.
Question: So at work, on the waterjet cutter, for some reason they installed a water softener/DI system. Our water is so soft, we have to go to Don's neighborhood to get the soap off our backs. The salt has not gone down/dissolved in a year. It is starting to make salt chunks at the plumbing connections.

Do we even need a water softener if it won't consume the salt?

I've been having trouble with my left eye for well over a year. It makes matter. I tried different drops, even Cipro drops that about burned my eye out. I've never had a sty or pink eye in my life. It was bothering me yesterday evening, and this morning there was a swollen bag under my eye about the size of a nickel. I went to the clinic, Doc said possible sty. Prescribed Tobramycin (have tried it before with no success). She said she would refer me to an optometrist. I went up to the front desk to make an optometrist appt, and they said OK, on April 26th. I said I guess I need to find a new optometrist. It actually hurts like a black eye. It kind of itches, but hurts when you touch it.

Work was BUSY! moving company came and moved out 5 machine tools, and moved 1 from downstairs up to the main level. Our big building is kind of a walkout basement format.

Ended up helping a student who's about to graduate, fix a 3 jaw lathe chuck runout problem. Turns out some bum from some time ago, put the A-5 chuck on without cleaning the chips off of the precision ground taper. Grrrrrr. These are the kind of things that would get people ran out of my shops over the years, if I had something to do with it. Yes, it ruined the precision taper. Best we can get it is .003" TIR now. I guess I could program it, and indicate it in, and recut it on the cnc mill. It would probably take 6 hours to get it right. grrrrr.

Bupps, more prayers for you to get better.

All guests have returned home. School started back for my kids. Life back to "normal".

Rip, so glad to hear the news. Prayers.

My Grandparents lived about 13.6 miles from Washington's Crossing. Would love to be there. He worked at Rohm and Haas, probably at the stinky place y'all talked about. They invented either acrylic or polycarbonate IIRC... He was a maintenance machinist. Was in the 4th Armored Division that helped rescue the Battle of the Bulge guys.

RNG, batten the hatches! Get your wetsuit ready and the floatable gold mining digger. Aren't there a lot of people who go gold mining after torrential rains in California gold country?

/ Good morning!!!! #162,668  
If your water softener isn’t consuming salt it might not be regenerating. The brine is used to clean the resin pellets so they can keep softening the water. Or the hardness of water is set so low it barely needs to function
I ran a 4th regen tonight, this one scheduled by the timer to make sure that worked. When it was done, the salt tank had a good bit more water than when it started, so the issue is still with the siphoning of the brine.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,669  
The resin in softeners use salt or sodium ions to bind with the resin and then replace them with calcium and magnesium ions during service. When resin lose the affinity to bind with sodium ions they need to be replaced. It will show up as decreased removal of hardness ie calcium and magnesium ions. Ineffective backwash and regeneration flow of brine solution to regenerate the resin can also cause hardness removal problems

/ Good morning!!!! #162,670  
Good evening all. 39ºF for the start, light breeze, mostly clear sky. Moderate wind, mostly clear sky, and high temp was 81ºF. Putter this morning, meeting to learn new postion with fish club ( communications). Bike ride then late lunch. Nap and day is done :)
Bill hope p-trap repair was completed with no loss of life :)
Drew your right RV to Florida sounds better. But getting the best RV set up for is best for the long run.
Ron glad correct pin installed, Nice to hear alignment pin worked. Hope cleaning went well. Do rent out the hawk for squirrel control?
Drew but think of all the fun you are having trying to put the best rig for Drew !
Mike good to hear SO checkup clean. Hope you got equipment moved.
Buppies you are suppose to get better! ;) prayers sent.
Kilroy timing is everything! But you are right it is the way life goes.
Billy glad lot of little projects done.
Dennis I hear you on alarm and traffic. Hope Dad visit goes well.
Kilroy they used to call coffee the think drink. Have fun with mast erection.
Paul good to hear pizza oven fixed as well as ice machine. I wonder how many pizzas that oven has made. Hope today went as planned and finger print machine working.
Ken Might be better to try to find reliability and longevity info before making purchase. Glad planning went well. Hope day job continues to go well in-spite of turnover.
Don nice weather, how is garden and irrigation restrictions?
RNG hope you are enjoying the rain. Good to hear brackets done.
Dennis that only happened to me once in STL. I wish I could help.
Frits good to hear hip replacement is recovering well. Hope trip goes well for her.
Jim sorry about need to find document soon after move. Hope you found document and got equipment moved.
Frits sorry about the wife complaints. Some roadways/parking lots not designed for full size pickups and duallies.
David glad holes dug. Sorry about miscalculate the Quickrete required. Hope dinner with Sophie was nice.
Dave not much warming.
Ted sorry about more wind and less precip :( Adding 2 items to finish one item not allowed :) Hope you made progress on the list.
Mark Condolences on neighbor.
Dennis hope you are getting handle on water softener.
Frits the wood and iron gear/axle has to be really old. Neat pics Love the mail box
Frits sharp bus.
Thomas you never said what you were putting fixings on :)
Fritz that is a nice system for flat tow.
Phil glad you are doing well, prayers for wife voice to return, prayers sent. Cute shop project.
Buppies hope you are keeping up on fluids.
Drew neat story, thanks for sharing.
Randy(wag) sounds like you enjoyed the company. Good luck finding everything!
Frits Very sorry to hear about son and daughter, prayers sent. Great to hear about granddaughter.
Kyle not sure why you need soft water for water jet. Sorry about left eye prayers sent. Sorry about taper on chuck. I keep wondering when you get to see light at end of tunnel.
Dennis sorry about continuing WS problem.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's vioce, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.