Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,251  
Yes I had that wrong. This is a killer year between working, SS and required IRA withdrawal.

There is talk the tax credit may only apply on first quarter. Not sure if order only or order and delivery will be required?
If limited to 200,000 vehicles (as the original $7500 tax credit) then Tesla can hit that in the first quarter easily.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,252  
Yeah, like who in their right mind would buy gasoline or diesel for a tractor when a horse can pull the plow on home grown renewable hay!
That sounds like it's coming from somebody in a subdivision.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,254  
Just because you imagine an insurance liability because some EVs are heavier than some ICE doesn't make it a fact. You have failed to demonstrate your claim of fact re: EV, and failed to demonstrate heavier SUVs or any other vehicle bear an additional insurance liability due to their mass. In reality (vs fantasy) the heavier vehicles get insurance discounts because demonstrated fact of fewer injury claims.

The cheapest vehicle in which to insure your teenage son is an old heavy pickup truck. Or Lincoln Continental.
Again...you should take a remedial reading comprehension course...All I did was comment on a news article...I'm the one that lives in the real world...!!

And FYI...insurance is very high for local commercial trucks etc...the only liability discounts are on heavier OTR vehicles ...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,255  
That sounds like it's coming from somebody in a subdivision.
Sorry you missed the sarcasm of an exclamation point rather than a more obvious emoji.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,256  
Again...you should take a remedial reading comprehension course...All I did was comment on a news article...I'm the one that lives in the real world...!!
Am trying to teach you. You are not comprehending what you are writing. Without a specific disclaimer your citation of an article is an act of confirmation of your position.

And FYI...insurance is very high for local commercial trucks etc...the only liability discounts are on heavier OTR vehicles ...
Diversion. All commercial vehicles cost more to insure than private. Never seen one without a dent.

Private pickup trucks, large Cadillacs, Lincolns, etc, are heavy and cheap to insure. My 8200 pound F-250 was about the same as the Prius but cost 2x the Prius and was newer.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,258  
Am trying to teach you. You are not comprehending what you are writing. Without a specific disclaimer your citation of an article is an act of confirmation of your position.
You're nuts...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,259  
As for my position...
Rather than directing you to look up the term...I did it for you....!

devil's advocate
noun [ C usually singular ]
us
/ˌdev.əlz ˈæd.və.kət/ uk
/ˌdev.əlz ˈæd.və.kət/
someone who pretends, in an argument or discussion, to be against an idea or plan that a lot of people support, in order to make people discuss and consider it in more detail:

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #5,260  
For the last 30 years hot pink mirrors from the Dollar general. Locally the word on the street is watch out for that old man with a hot pink mirror in his hand.

Have you done a Tesla test drive yet? It enables me to see what is in front of me, What is behind on me and what is in the lane on either side of me.

I plan to get the full self-driving module by the month at first, especially when I'm traveling the country calling on customers.
I guess I don't fully understand. You are holding a hot pink mirror in one hand while you drive? By moving the mirror this allows you to see peripheral objects?

Let's not go down the road of the Tesla compensating for your physical limitations. Kinda like back up cameras. Great idea but situational awareness is still needed.

I guess I don't fully understand the full self-driving module either? You program the vehicle as to your destination and it gets you there safely?

Thanks for your patience to my ignorance. :)