Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question...

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
I think I've brought part of this story up but not in the "what do I buy" angle, so here this is.

Backstory: I'm guessing ten years ago, my wife went to her gal-pals house. (this gal has some deep pockets, she put over $50K into a diamond ring.... (my wife sold it to her, that's how they got to know each other))

Gal had a Jura S-9 coffee maker, heading to the curb. Wife said could she take it, thinking I could fix it. Got it home, it had a leaking pump, replaced it and the machine has been going strong since.

Recently stopped dead in tracks.... I disassembled it, specifically the brew group, and cleaned everything by hand (took it TOTALLY apart among some other tinkering)

Machine works fine now.

Wife's birthday is coming up in February. This maker has something like 10,000 or maybe 11,000 cups made if I recall. So I'm debating on just buying her a new one, she can post this for sale on Craigslist or something.... if she gets $50 or $500.... then she gets to keep the cash.

I understand the higher the letter, the higher the machine (I think more features is the main point) and then, the higher the number, the higher the machine.

I don't drink coffee at all so having a machine that does 25 different type means NOTHING to me....zilch.

I'm trying to wrap my head (without letting cat out of bag and simply asking her) which one makes more sense?

Does she not drink the 25th style they make.....because hers doesn't make it..... or, if it COULD make it, would she drink that 25th style?
Does she not froth milk because (as far as I know) her machine doesn't do it? Would she if she could?

Looking for thoughts and experiences with the S8, Z series.... I found a refurbished Z6 (which has been discontinued). I'm a bit shy about buying something that's discontinued...but then....they don't make hers anymore and I can get parts for it and it's been a work horse.

Keeping it within the Jura family since that's what she knows.... any thoughts/comments/jokes of the day?

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #5  
That's way over my head. Mine recipe is: coffee, water, drink it. Simple formula that works for several pots per day.
Ditto here, although I've had to cut back to a 24 oz cup a day. I've been using my stove top percolator for the last month... I plan to do some camping next summer and had to make sure I still remember how to use it.

To the OP; sorry that I can't help you. After looking them up, I commend you for doing this for your wife. 👍

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #6  
I never knew a coffeemaker was available to make specific blends of coffee. Living in the sticks has its drawbacks I guess. Lol

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #7  
Not a lot of help here, I use a $30 dollar Mr. Coffee. I will say, there are things I like about a coffee maker, even a cheap one. 1. Hot Coffee, 2. Fast brewing 3. adjustable heat 4. ability to shorten the star warm time. But every coffee drinker has their preferences. I don't think any two are the same.

I don't program it so that doesn't matter to me. I would try to get her in a conversation with someone who does like coffee about what she likes in a coffee maker.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #9  
Coffee, it makes every chore tolerable. Here is one of my granddaughters providing me coffee during the pandemic. My son has some chronic health issues so I promised my DIL I would do everything to not share the evil COVID.
1673709704661.png