Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question...

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question...
However, I would consider giving her the greenhouse if that's what she would really like.

Question..... over the years, may I presume you've read the many posts here about borders and property lines?

Our deeded property lines are A,B,C. We only really have one place to put this greenhouse.

Back/side story..... our house is in the middle of her old family farm, we're surrounded by 250 acres and other than our deeded property, the "FARM" has passed to the next generation so now, there are roughly 15 people that own varying percentages of the whole BUT nobody owns 100% of any given acre.

The ONLY place we can put this, puts it onto the farm property. This is my specific issue. She's like her father... "who cares?" Well.... if the farm gets sold, which will undoubtedly happen at some point in the future, NOW it's becoming an issue.... "why do I care (her), I'll be long dead...."

Sigh....

If it were on our deeded property I'd not really care. I do NOT really want to spend any funds to build a structure that is likely only going to cause some issues down the road.

"Why don't you just carve that land out for her and deed it??"

Part of the farm is adjacent to the lake. Part of the farm is adjacent to an old country road. We are near the lake. This land is probably more valuable than the back side of farm. So we ask people, 14 of them, to sign some land on the premium side of the farm to my wife.... and their portion is now on the far side of the farm.

Some might not think that's totally fair...., some might not mind.

Nothing but a can of worms.

Easier to buy her the coffee maker! lol

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #22  
I drink 2-3 cups of coffee a day. My wife rarely has coffee, 1-2x weekly.

she did not like the 10-12 cup coffee maker sitting on the counter.

I work from my home office, and regularly have company over, or clients. my wife does not like to host. Ultimately, my coffee pot got put into storage, for this "improved" solution.

We bought a used Keurig for about $85 - I still have it / use it. I hate it though because it needs babysitting before you actually get a full cup of coffee. Far more hype than value or convenience, for a 1 small cup at a time maker.

My $28 + taxes coffee maker is far simpler, and convenient, especially when company arrives.

As far as your question ...
- how much coffee does your wife drink ?
- is an expensive elaborate coffee machine worth it ? would there be the value in it
- do you entertain company ? a coffee pot is certainly good for that fellowship

I think, I'd be inclined to buy a nice coffee maker ($200-$300 approx) with features. Then buy REALLY GOOD coffee, from a local coffee roaster / grinder. For special times, take your wife out for coffee at her favourite spot. They probably have gift cards.

Wow, I just looked one up! If you really loved your wife, you'd just spring the $3,799 for a Jura Z10 along with the $399 milk warmer. Even if you have to sell your tractor to afford it.

Funny.... interesting thing about the milk warmer..... she doesn't use milk in her coffee.... and I don't know that one of those liquid creamers would work.

Her current machine (S-9) has the steamer/water wand but I don't think it does the milk thing. Her BROTHER, who fell in love with this.... and went out to buy one for himself, would likely be the milk person but he's only visiting here from New Orleans area (Buras) once/twice a year so I might be able to save/avoid that purchase!

She's replaced many of the traditional machines.... with this one. She's got a Kureg downstairs (in my office cabinet) for when company is over and they're sleeping down here. Has a microwave, Kureg on one side, my work printer/stuff on other.

Then.... we closed our office in town. I went there to clean some of the stuff out at my bosses request. He told me to feel free to take the microwave, Kureg, monitor, supplies.... number of things.... home as "payment" for me going there to make sure the movers were doing their job.

The backup Kureg she has, was in an office that I went to one day per week and I don't drink coffee. Another fellow SOMETIMES went there once a week..... it really was highly unused. We had it on standby for when we needed to have a day of in person meetings, we had it as a standby. So that kureg was essentially brand new.

Everyone that has made a comment, has preferred her Jura coffee over her old Mr. Coffee, Kuregs.... I HAVE wondered why she doesn't try a percolator or a French Press.... though I may be wrong, (I've known her for 34 years, I don't think she's EVER had nor tried a percolator nor french press. She always had the drip machine.

I shrug my shoulders at what/why people say what they say that have had it.... but they do seem to prefer it. I can't discount their comments however, I COULD just wait for it to 100% die instead of keep bringing it back to life.

Might be worth noting, I DID use to buy her (I think it's called) "Kona"?? Hawaiian beans.

THAT got absolutely RAVE reviews...... but she ultimately told me to stop because it was too expensive and she was satisfied with her normal beans.

This was however, through THIS machine so as best I know, she's never had Kona via another type coffee maker. So maybe it's possible that a drip machine using Kona would be her cats meow.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #26  
I have no use for a drip machine. I like my coffee hot, and my percolator just makes good coffee.
On the other hand I'm not a connoisseur, and can't even tell the difference between dark and French roast.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #27  
you can hire a part-time Barista for that kind of money

1673725935258.png

1673725845573.png

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #28  
Honestly, I wouldn't replace it unless you felt its time was getting near. But we aren't ones to buy the latest and greatest. Plus there is comfort in knowing what you have will take care of you. Some different feature on a new one she's missing? BTW, we've had a super automatic for years and it's way over 10000 cups.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #29  
I have no use for a drip machine. I like my coffee hot, and my percolator just makes good coffee.
On the other hand I'm not a connoisseur, and can't even tell the difference between dark and French roast.
Because French roast is a dark coffee. Percolator coffee is good though.

/ Hey....Coffee Lovers.... question... #30  
I keep my coffee simple. Boil 2 cups of water in the microwave, pour it over a cone filter with 2 measures of pre-ground coffee in it into my cup. Wait until it drains through the filter. Put filter and coffee grounds in the compost. Drink coffee.