Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,611  
Good evening all. 34ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze, about 1 inch snow on ground and .8 inch in rain gauge. Light wind, some clearing of sky in afternoon, and high temp was 44ºF. 10 day outlook is on cool side with rain and 2 more snow chances. Men's Meeting canceled due to last night road closures in subdivision. revived fire in insert after ash cleaning. Puttered good chunk of day, did ride on stationary bike. Mexican for dinner tonight :)
Scaredy easy to conserve energy in winter, especially on poor weather days. Bike took the worst of the fall, I did get a raspberry on right knee.
Ron so you still have 4 items to find.
Dennis hope painting went well. I knew It was possibly gone when after hitting post button got msg down for maintenance :(
Kilroy glad HVAC did not run last night.
Drew hope you can get away with no heavy coat. At end of trip to Jamaica, return to STL 4ºF and winds 25 gusting to 35, I regretted no heavy coat.
Kilroy good to hear scoring and training more better. Management has no one to blame then themselves. Hope mushrooms are good. Scooter (stepdaughter's dog we dogsit on occasion) same way especially in bad winter weather.
Mike good to hear firewood got processed.
Bill hope seat time fun. Hope you enjoyed conserving energy today.
Buppies glad you got some quality time with wife on here birthday. Hope travel is/was uneventful. prayer sent.
Billy hope taxes go well. Bet target practice fun.
Paul sorry for problems with Verizon, have to wonder what they are doing to your account. Good to hear TV project finished.
Drew you on computer browser or phone app?
Dave hope you are ready for dusting.
Ken hope you are getting more endurance, and son doing better.
James hope you got your errands done before the brunt of storm hit.
Paul the problem with coax is it is probably older so not made for highr speeds, and all cable lose speed over the years. My guess is the coax will not have high throughput.
Jim Hope you did not need generator. Glad mystery truck found out. Hope barn construction continues.
Don glad you got some rain. Do you have any way to know how much Spanish you are learning on the app?
Larry(atomicsloth) Welcome to GM thread. Live close to river?
Dennis I agree , they should ask before cutting ends off.
Ted hope you get some snow. Hope the attorney went well and you can get some sanity in insurance/disability process.
Dennis glad you got a reprieve on ceiling.
David hope you archived your goal Glad beers with friend was good. Hope car works out for you.
Dennis may get more light from fixtures. Painted ceiling at work, they jokes about needing sun glasses after fresh paint applied.
Ken hope you get neighbor gets the message.
Drew snow is always so pretty, but ugly to drive in :(
Alan no but have seen some shows that dealt with the subject.
Thomas hope snow control goes well. Hope day closely resembles your plan.
Dennis nice progress on ceiling. Hope you can get away with paint close to fan.
Frits hope you find plenty of deductions. Good luck find the Mac you want. Nice pics
David glad racking is all up.
Doug who would pay anything for that mower?
David I guess you must need the surgery with the last exchange like that.
Doug I wonder who would pay for mower like 2nd pic.
Drew sorry about power lost.
Randy(wag) most of putting away is complete.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's voice, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,612  
Things in my personal life are chaotic and up in the air. Planning, but also waiting.

There are so many things that I want to accomplish, eager for spring, but everything is on hold.

The other day I wiped out on the ice as I was going out to feed the chickens. Minor abrasions to leg, badly scraped my knuckles, and gave myself a swollen eyebrow. That was a skillful slip in my mind. I'll mend.

A bit more snow, and resulting poor road conditions in the past few days.

Managed to do some more bookkeeping. Helping a buddy with some other stuff also.

I had a brief visit with my 11 month old grandson, and his parents, the other day. I know that this is probably better suited for the family news thread, but the little extra joy that I have in my life right now is this little bundle ... and I wanted to share it here. ❤️

1674714389229.png

/ Good morning!!!! #163,613  
Good morning, 18 is the temperature for today. Still snowing. I will go out and plow about 9 A.M.

Went to bed too early, up way before I need to be. Probably go back to bed in an hour or so.

I saw on the news last evening that Young Street at the Hogs Hollow Hill/York Mills hill was at a standstill. Some people had been stopped for about 35 minutes by the time the news guys got there. This happens almost every time there is a major storm in Toronto. People never learn.

You guys that travel into warmer climates this time of year, IF there are still lockers in train stations and airports they could be a solution to the winter coat dilemma.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #163,614  
Things in my personal life are chaotic and up in the air. Planning, but also waiting.

There are so many things that I want to accomplish, eager for spring, but everything is on hold.

The other day I wiped out on the ice as I was going out to feed the chickens. Minor abrasions to leg, badly scraped my knuckles, and gave myself a swollen eyebrow. That was a skillful slip in my mind. I'll mend.

A bit more snow, and resulting poor road conditions in the past few days.

Managed to do some more bookkeeping. Helping a buddy with some other stuff also.

I had a brief visit with my 11 month old grandson, and his parents, the other day. I know that this is probably better suited for the family news thread, but the little extra joy that I have in my life right now is this little bundle ... and I wanted to share it here. ❤️

View attachment 780816
Be careful and stay safe. Grandchildren need you!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,615  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 27° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 32° with chance of snow in afternoon. Dr. appointment went very well. Got a shingles shot while I was there. Found out I did not fast for the visit. Just give up coffee for a few hours. Spent a couple hours cleaning up snow. MY place and 2 others. Grocery shopping this morning. Then a little more snow cleanup. Dentist appointment in afternoon.
Red Cardinal on snow gives a bright picture.
btM2iSV.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All

/ Good morning!!!! #163,616  
good morning all
46 degrees, high of the day; 1.36 inches from last storm

Check, not yet, a get to it. I have a very small house with the gen right outside the wall; bet if I leaned a big piece of plywood on two sides it would help.
I'm happy it starts reliably on fairly small propane tanks; 40 gal with 30 gal backup. Reminds me need to go out and take cover off and dry it off today, got wet last night
running while power out and raining. Am wondering if I left the cover on (worry about hot exhaust nearby) would that lower noise. Bet it would, though only heavy duty vinyl.
It's not the exhaust noise, but the engine itself. Happens to be at a resonant frequency that bothers my ears/tinnitus. Power was out for about an hour. If it wasn't 33 out, I would have waited a bit to turn on the gen.

lots to do today, starting out with long soak in hot shower. I travel with my Verizon Mifi so internet pretty reliable. Brother coming over at 2:30pm to take me to the garden
spot of the Garden State, the Trenton train station. Pretty grim place.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,617  
Here in East Coast Canada had three snow storms ending in post storm rains and complete melts. The lakes are not frozen and neither is the ground. This hinders my logging operations and makes blowing snow on gravel driveways more tedious. My blower is being eroded by gravel. I suppose the warmer weather we are having makes it a bit nicer to fix problems outside. I don't have a garage. Been trying to fix my wheel but nothing is easy.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,618  
38 and the wind is already picking up. Should see 50.

Saw some field flooding yesterday, and lots of water on the road, so will be interested to see how much in our gauge when I go outside to feed the birds.

BEF, glad to see you didn't wake up and stay up in the middle of the night. Glad you got the painting done. I've never painted on a rainy day.

Green Acres, I do my equipment work outside, too....so I like the warm days, but it's just been too wet lately. But better than drought.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,620  
34 outside this AM. upper 40's expected. Rain finally ended sometime last evening. Have a nice creek in the front due to drainage issues from the neighbors. Should have pressed that issue many years ago when that nonsense started. Looks like we are going to have to do some work to move that water elsewhere. I think this is the worst we have seen it.

I also think both sump pumps have failed on the newer part of the house. Guess I will have to wait until summer to get under there and fix them....

Gosh, it is wet and nasty this last month.

Hope all have a great day, be safe.