Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,631  
Good Morning!!!! 56F @ 5:15AM. Sunny. High 68F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Wow, I've seen cracking like that on my old Kubota, Ray, but not nearly that bad. Glad you caught it before something bad happened.

Hope your train ride goes smoothly this time, Drew. Bet you can't wait to feel that warm sand between your toes!

Just learned that a package has been marked as delivered last week by the USPS, and it never got here. It was a speedo from one of my old motorcycles, rare and expensive if it does indeed turn out to be lost. Tried to file a service request on the USPS website, but of course that doesn't seem to be working, either. Argh!

Ever get the feeling the support person on the other end of the line is telling you what you want to hear, and just blows you off at the end of the interaction, Paul? Seems to be the norm these days, especially with tech firms.

Otherwise productive day yesterday, getting a few more network cams back on line by resetting them, and getting the transmission out of the touring bike, cleaned up, lubricated, and reinstalled. Still have more cleaning and parts to install, but I hope to finish that up today.

I should run errands in town today, but two additional parcels are due, and I feel like I should be here to make sure they arrive safely. As if that will make any difference...

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'...

/ Good morning!!!! #163,632  
Top of the morning to everyone,
Presently the temp is 46, which is the overnight low so far, under clear skies. Forecast is for a high of 49, sunny skies and winds in the 10-15mph range. Our 'normal' high temp has started to climb, went from 50 all the way to 51. :)

We received about .75 in of rain overnight, winds didn't blow above 30 mph. Didn't loose power, doesn't look like we lost any more trees. I spent the money and got a Honda Inverter generator. It is nice and quiet, can hold normal conversation standing next to it while it is running, and it is fuel injected with push button start so Liz can deal with it if she needs to.

Contractors due here just after lunch. Which is fine by me, gives the soft driveway a chance to dry out a bit before they bring in the heavy equipment.

Electrician pointed out some wiring code violations when he was here. I started fixing them yesterday, will finish up today.

Spent more time sourcing parts for the harness project I am going to be working on. I think I have finally found all the pieces/parts I need. Now to order everything and get started when they come in.

Didn't make it to the store yesterday before the rains showed up, will need to do that this morning before the contractor arrives.

Time for coffee and breakfast, then get the day started.

Hope everyone has a safe and productive day, let's be careful out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,633  
good morning all
46 degrees, high of the day; 1.36 inches from last storm

Check, not yet, a get to it. I have a very small house with the gen right outside the wall; bet if I leaned a big piece of plywood on two sides it would help.
I'm happy it starts reliably on fairly small propane tanks; 40 gal with 30 gal backup. Reminds me need to go out and take cover off and dry it off today, got wet last night
running while power out and raining. Am wondering if I left the cover on (worry about hot exhaust nearby) would that lower noise. Bet it would, though only heavy duty vinyl.
It's not the exhaust noise, but the engine itself. Happens to be at a resonant frequency that bothers my ears/tinnitus. Power was out for about an hour. If it wasn't 33 out, I would have waited a bit to turn on the gen.

lots to do today, starting out with long soak in hot shower. I travel with my Verizon Mifi so internet pretty reliable. Brother coming over at 2:30pm to take me to the garden
spot of the Garden State, the Trenton train station. Pretty grim place.
Well, you certainly don’t want to run it in the rain. Here is the shed that Sharon and I built for it.

F769ADD4-DEB8-4A59-A195-D4CBB68AD50A.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #163,636  
Morning all, 30 going up to 43 and mostly cloudy.
Drove the kid around, did day job, too much rain for outside work.
Need to get hole cut to drag wire through tonight.

Scaredy - wishing you on the path to happier times
Drew - safe travels - Trenton stories, I have a few...Amazing how seats of governments are always crime ridden and poor.
Newark- another fun place- train station not too bad, just dirty. Interesting people......

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #163,637  
Good morning all

This mornings news was our granddaughter is on the way to Johns Hopkins emergency room with bleedings due to low platelet count
She has Evans Syndrome a chronic condition
She is devastated because she has a big role in HS play tonight
But this is life threatening

/ Good morning!!!! #163,638  
Don Do you have any way to know how much Spanish you are learning on the app?
Yes, the app is divided in to Units and Units are sub divided into Lessons. The app shows you which unit and lesson you are working on. I'm on unit 9 and lesson 1 of 207 total Spanish units. (It takes about 2 hours to finish a unit.) My wife is on unit 67. Each unit has 8-10 lessons. If you make a mistake on a lesson it will bring the mistake back up at the end of the lesson and you cannot finish the lesson till you correct the mistakes.

Now the app is talking in Spanish and further down the line you have to speak back correctly before you can advance. My wife is is that advanced place, I'm still just typing the answers into the app.

Good morning! 36˚F sunny, North wind heading to the mid 50s.

M7040, hope they can stabilize your granddaughter.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #163,639  
Good morning all

This mornings news was our granddaughter is on the way to Johns Hopkins emergency room with bleedings due to low platelet count
She has Evans Syndrome a chronic condition
She is devastated because she has a big role in HS play tonight
But this is life threatening
Prayers your way, and of course to your Grand Daughter.

JH is the best, you all will be well cared for.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,640  
Prayers for your daughter m7040 and you

Ken liked your solution to trash hope it works

riptides sorry about water problems

RNG sign of the times no body cares anymore no self respect about what they do in their job or anything else for that matter

We delayed going home till today she is having too much fun

Prayers for all our Country