Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,682  
Good Morning!!!! 56F @ 4:15AM. Sun and clouds mixed. High near 60F. Winds light and variable.
Nothing but light showers in the 10-day, with the Pacific high building in and once again pushing the rain up to the north.

I wonder how well plain old silicon seal will hold up to the weather, David? I didn't have much luck with it on my dearly departed flying porch cover. OTOH, I used a sealant from Dicor on the van, and it's holding up pretty well. Maybe Ron can suggest something, too? Regardless, good to see you have a partner in crime for the project!

Some times a fresh start can have surprisingly good results, Mike. It's a good thing you walked away instead of persisting in beating your head against that wall.

Sad to learn that Amtrak is living up to their reputation, Drew. Hope it doesn't get any worse...

If you already have a YouTube account, Paul, posting video there is pretty straight forward, as is copying and pasting the link into the media icon in the page editor here. But I'm no internet genius, so others might have a better solution. Oh, now I see you do. And that you get better results holding the phone long way parallel to the ground. Do they call that landscape mode?

Win some, lose some. No sign of any oil leaks on the new high pressure lines on the truck, but now it's got a little drip on the new oil pan drain plug. This in spite of using a new aluminum crush washer, but then again I was playing Dutch boy with my thumb over the hole to keep the oil from running out during the plug swap, and maybe didn't get the sealing surface as clean as it should be. Good enough until the next oil change, though, and I'll just keep it parked out on the gravel, where the drip will help keep the dust down.

Wanting to cover all the bases in trying to find the missing speedo, yesterday I spent an hour searching every nook and cranie around here looking for it, as I couldn't be sure I hadn't forgotten I'd received it and put it somewhere I wouldn't lose it. Still came up empty handed, but then noticed an email telling me that Amazon had left two new parcels up at the mail box. So I went up there to get them and as I lifted the parcel box lid, I noticed another box laying back behind the fence in the shadows. Yep, it was the speedo. And I had to fish it up and over the fence one board at a time because it wouldn't fit under the bottom rung. Which meant that whoever (d%&n mailman) put it there had just dropped it over the top. Fortunatly the rebuilder had used plenty of padding inside the box, and the speedo still works.

Quick trip to town yesterday, just three stops and then right back home. I was hoping to get some time in afterwards cleaning up the big wood pile, but then noticed the problematic front tire on the tractor was flat again. And that the valve stem was MIA. WTF? The only thing I can come up with is that it still has a slow leak, and I didn't notice it until I'd run it long enough that the bead came off the rim and pulled the stem back inside the tire. Or at least that's what I think happened, as I couldn't find the valve stem anywhere and I don't have Clark Kent's x-ray vision glasses. I was able to limp it back up to the garage, get it up on a jack stand, then pull the wheel off and use the FEL to push the bead down far enough to get another valve stem installed. Think I'll take the neighbor's advise and hunt down some steel valve stems, but I'll have to keep an eye on that tire before each use for now.

Once the dust settled on the repair, I was able to get an hour in and more trees moved to the big pile, and enough limbs cut up for a nice camp fire. Missed having music in the background, but the insurance company is balking at reimbursing personal property items, now insisting I supply receipts for everything, including the speakers that used to hang under the old porch cover. I've got them here, but it's gonna involve a lot of digging... At this point I can say State Farm is better than nothing, but if I had a choice, I'd have gone with another company because the reviews I read on them were pretty accurate about their stingyness and reluctance to settle fairly.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,683  
Good morning all,
29 and snowing going to 38. Coffee is made fire is going.

Had a long talk with daughter at the hospital (JH) about granddaughter. She is stable and receiving treatment. She has two chronic conditions that can only be maintained but not cured. She had the doctor talk to granddaughter about the need to take the meds or if not she can die. She had skipped her meds and that has caused this to become critical.

Sorry to hear this. Some people get to the point where they feel better, or ok, and then the meds take a back seat. Hope all ends well and adjustments can be made.

I know the stress is probably unreal, so take care of yourself too.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,684  
Morning all, 30 going up to 41. Clouds, sun, no rain so all good.
Didn't get anything done but basic stuff and day job yesterday.
Had my EOY review and boss didn't laugh at anything, so that's good.

M7040 - hope they can get her stabilized. Had a teacher that had Lupus and he lived to a ripe old age, so hope this is only a bump in the road.

Amtrak is so underfunded I am surprised it still even runs. Easy way to reduce car pollution, but why would anyone want that. EVs and new highways instead. Let poorer countries have high speed rail, why would the US need that.

Mostly - seems like you have a chain link problem. Replace with a quick link or new chain on the list for today?

RNG - We have Liberty Mutual - more expensive, but they have honored every claim, even reimbursed me for the rental rock slide damage in Switzerland.

Well, back to the day job. Maybe work on the under cabinet light replacement as the units have all shown up. Maybe get the wire run btw garage and utility room finished. Maybe go out and trim the ornamental grass as it is making a mess as they shed.
Maybe not, who knows :cool:

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #163,685  

Once the dust settled on the repair, I was able to get an hour in and more trees moved to the big pile, and enough limbs cut up for a nice camp fire. Missed having music in the background, but the insurance company is balking at reimbursing personal property items, now insisting I supply receipts for everything, including the speakers that used to hang under the old porch cover. I've got them here, but it's gonna involve a lot of digging... At this point I can say State Farm is better than nothing, but if I had a choice, I'd have gone with another company because the reviews I read on them were pretty accurate about their stingyness and reluctance to settle fairly.

TGIF gang!

Sorry to hear that about insurance coverage. Same boat different oar for us. Still dealing with both insurance company and mortgage company. Since our March event. Now the mortgage company is having a difficult time of it. They finally sent an inspector out, who rather promptly took pictures and left. No questions asked, nothing.... now it goes back to insurance to close out the remaining claim dollars.

I can get rid of the insurance company, but not the mortgage company. What a flipping mess they can make of just moving funds around.

Like you said - Better than nothing.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,686  
heading through South Georgia, will be in Jacksonville in next hour. Closer....
did get a few pics on the way last night, fun one of National Monument

This is a new train car and the heating system doesn't work. Thermostat does absolutely nothing. Varies between 65 and 68 and I've had to keep my fleece on the whole time, lots of ventilation in here and cools things off.
Should be warming up as we get into Florida, but they have just had a cold spell too.

another 8 hours, or so....don't have the app on my phone, train 97 to Miami, so don't know if I"m still late. Hope not, hostess can't drive at night and I really don't want to have to take a cab from the train station. They've been moving right along so likely have caught up.

Attachments

• IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1521.JPG
    IMG_1521.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
   / Good morning!!!! #163,687  
I wonder how well plain old silicon seal will hold up to the weather, David? I didn't have much luck with it on my dearly departed flying porch cover. OTOH, I used a sealant from Dicor on the van, and it's holding up pretty well. Maybe Ron can suggest something, too? Regardless, good to see you have a partner in crime for the project!
I used Dicor Self-Leveling Lap Sealant on my RV's. Around items like vents in roof. I used EternaBond Roof Seal Tape. Then using Dicor around all edges of tape.
I do not do a very good job with caulking. Recently I purchase a battery operated caulk gun. Solve most of my problems with doing a good caulk job. I can control speed and it automatically backs off pressure on caulk tube whenever I release trigger. Ryobi Caulk Gun. I already had Ryobi battery tools. So it was a easy choice which one to buy.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,689  
What’s the best way to post a video here? Put it on YouTube, and post the link?

I think so. TBN don’t allow direct video posts.

I have 2 pellet bags of tv plastic for next weeks trash, then mine is gone. I have disposed of mattresses before, 1 bag at a time, just a lot of wire cutting.