Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,971  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 12C and it's presently 25.8C, clear and the wind is 'picking up'. Rain is predicted this arvo with a cold front moving in.

Got 1/3rd of the trimmed branches collected yesterday. Today is 'into-town day' for mail/groceries, then I'll get a few more branches (along the driveway) collected/disposed.

Curious 'happening': using a "Total Tools" birthday gift card I bought a LEATHERMAN Wave multitool (A$189.00)... all of a sudden I'm receiving FB adverts from an Aussie leathercraft company that makes leather belt pouches for, said multitool. Hmmmm... and, no, I don't have an 'Alexi' or 'Siri' thingy.

That's about it, take care all.
Big Brother Is Watching You

/ Good morning!!!! #163,972  
Good evening all. 23ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, Overcast sky, not much precip, and high temp was 28ºF. Clean ash out of insert and revive fire to start day. Did get kitchen cleaned up, 20 mile on stationary trainer, and nap in. Helped wife with shredded potato casserole, and had some salmon step daughter had left over for dinner.
Ron quite the day. Glad you got water softener fixed and pressure tank properly pressurized. Neat moon pic
Bill hope you had good trip to NB.
Frits sorry up so early. Good to hear GD discharged and back to school soon. Nap good to help make it to normal bed time.
Drew sound like you are having good time in FL. Sorry you are going home so soon.
Billy glad you got hike in with warm weather. Glad you got the wood in as well. Thursday we get above freezing here, Sunday near normal temps.
Kilroy sorry weather is messing wood lot work. you are going to have a lot of pickled eggs.
Mike sorry about power loss. I bet the BBQ with SO made up for lack of progress :)
Paul enjoy your snow. Hope you can find the areas rich with horizontal surfaces. Strip mining can be very effective ;) Had to chuckle and the Staples story. Cat probably wants to wrestle. Hope breakfast was good. Cute pic of Zoe.
Dennis sorry about the good restaurant closing. Hope camera mounting and PA debug went well.
Dave you are still warmer than North Texas :)
Ken hope you get work laptop sorted soon. Hope you are getting insulation job near done.
Jim hope you enjoyed your staycation :) Hope honey-do lists not too bad.
Buppies hope you do not get too much rain. What does it look like for North and Central Texas? prayers sent.
RNG glad touring bike finished. Sorry about neutral switch fail, at least it did not leak. Good to hear chimney chase getting reengineered before rebuilding. Glad 1 pile gone. Are the others piles as big?
Gstrom you are COLD!
Gale good to hear power still up.
Ted sorry no rain or snow. Hope your motivation does not do another face plant :)
David good to see yo getting some rain. Hope you were able to get some of the PV wiring done. Baked Ziti sounds good.
Thomas glad work was good. Hope you ell Dr truth and work with him on work/ stress levels. Mom was having medicine conflicts but did not tell Dr what was really going on and suffered more than need last few years.
RS who needs Christmas :) Good scores on tools. Hope you get to play, er use them plenty :)
Don hope whipper ok after fall. She no spring chicken either. Do you have paw covers with more grip?
Mark good to hear wife is home and doing well. prayers for rapid recovery.
Bill glad trip to NB good, and plowing the end of the driveways did not take long.
Dennis glad camera work progressing and new projector coming along as well. Glad you found PA problem and new on there soon.
Randy(wag) gift card selling info about you :(
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's voice, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
Three of us, nine birds, 6 to eight eggs a day produced, mom (85) has one egg a day, Mrs has an egg every other two days, SOMEONE HAS TO TAKE UP THE SLACK. . . 😁

/ Good morning!!!! #163,973  
34 going to 41. Raining all night, but no snow. :cry:

Rained all day yesterday, so didn't get out but for a short walk. Stayed in and roasted coffee and worked on MIL's USDA Census of Agriculture..."Mandatory due by February 6, 2023." Anyone have to ever fill one of these out? 24 pages, what a bear. So many questions Do Not pertain to agriculture, either, but are what I'd politely call NOSY.
“I don’t know - it must have gotten lost in the mail?”

/ Good morning!!!! #163,974  
10.2F and clear @ 05:30, that is the low so far for the day. Supposed to be heading up to a high of around 30F.

Made it 24 hours yesterday before I went to bed at around 18:30 last night, slept until 03:30 this morning.

Got the second ladder hanger put up yesterday afternoon along with the bike hanger, tires on the bike aired up and bike hung. Had to reposition and rehang bike hanger to a different stud to move it further away from the north wall to accommodate the second ladder. It's now pretty close to the garage door track but should have enough clearance so that there aren't any issues.

Think's around 7 1/2 feet up which is a good compromise of getting it up high enough to be mostly out of the way while still being able to lift it up there.

Also got the spindle sander put together, which mainly consisted of putting the sanding rolls on the drums and getting the accessories put in the holders on the unit. At least the ones that had holders. Looks like I'll to put up a hook for the couple of items (wrench and two washers) that don't have holders. Fortunately I just ran across some hooks out there.

Decided to hold off on screwing/bolting any other machines down until the drill press arrives tomorrow to finalize their locations.

Did a little reading of the manuals as well.

Amazon dropped off a hose 2 1/2" to 1 1/2" hose adapter and three rolls of double-sided woodworkers tape. Still need a rubber coupler to adapter it to the spindle sander, probably try to find a 90 degree 1 1/2" radiator hose/elbow.

They're due to deliver the drill press table today.

Tenative plan on the router table top is to glue up two 3/4" x 24" x 48" pieces of MDF and then cover them with a piece of Formica/laminate. Menards in Kent has one 30" x 48" piece of "Basalt Slate" left on clearance for $13. Would have preferred matte black but this looks like it would work, the price is right, and it is available ... at least for the moment.

If history is any indication, the 11% rebate should make its return this coming week or the week following.

Just watched a YouTube from Wood Magazine with Jim Heavey on 12 jigs for table saws, one on table saw safety before that from The Honest Woodworker. Both pretty good.

Shredded a bunch of spam mail and old paperwork Monday after I got up, mostly unsolicited credit card offers. Woman got both of us dialed in on the opt-out so hopefully that's the last time wasting my time doing that.

Unsure of what all is on the agenda for today.

May venture up to the shop later and retrieve the lid for that 30 gallon Safety-Kleen drum and a hole saw so I can drill it for the Dust Deputy. Also need to grab the transfer punch set.

Maybe drag out the table saw and get it cleaned up and inspect the blade alignment and see if it's square. Need to put the splitter/riving knife back on there too.

Possibly more work on the sled(s)

Maybe glue up the boards for the Forstener bit holder.

Figure out what other odds and ends are needed.

Hope everyone has a great Hump Day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #163,975  
32 outside this AM. Highs expected to upper 30's. Light dusting of snow on the ground. Our first, accumulation. Don't laugh. In accordance to snow policies in this area, schools are on a 2 hour delay. I expect bedlam at the grocery stores as milk, bread and toilet paper will be the order of every household in the general area.

And with the yucky weather, ground saturated to the point walking is squishy and mole tunnels erupt like volcanos when you step on them.....I am staying inside today.

Hope all have a good day, be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,976  
I don't know? I didn't purchase the multitool on-line, I went in-store and I've bought several tools from them in the past (Makita/Knipex/various) with nothing like this happening before.

Mind you, the LEATHERMAN multitools come with a soft webbing pouch, which I dislike. I prefer leather, but I know that I hadn't performed any research on finding a leather pouch. Yet, there was the FB 'advert' weeks after making the purchase.

Very strange.
The biggest problem I have with the nylon pouch is the Velcro closure. I converted mine to a snap. I had to remove the Velcro first, or the material would have been too thick to install the snaps.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,977  
?

Kilroy, have you got enough pickled eggs?:giggle:
028E93B0-E4CF-4B80-AC04-6B799FE09E6F.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #163,978  
37 light rain since yesterday evening .57 in of rain

Ill have to check mostly

Prayers for markp wife

Another dreary day

Prayers for all our country

/ Good morning!!!! #163,979  
That’s a good one Kilroy

/ Good morning!!!! #163,980  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

52.7F and another wet, dreary day expected for 2023: Episode 2 “February”.

Went out for Sushi dinner last night. There must be a new inspector in the county because our place went from an almost perfect “A” to a middlin’ “C”. The other night we went to our favorite Mexican place and they also had suffered about an 18-point drop to almost/not quite “C” as well. Tonight we are going to our local BBQ - it will be interesting to see what their grade is. . .

Top Gear/Grand Tour Spin-offs: we just binged the James May Cooks! series and I was laughing through the entire thing, Mrs even giggles some. Definitely not a waste of time, especially if you are a cook, because James May is not and admits it and yet made a ”cookery show”.

Hung a cabbage for the hens before leaving for work - it was completely demolished by time we got home. Hung another one around 4PM, and it was half gone by roosting time. So, I need to buy more cabbages today.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy, productive, blessed Hump Day!