Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery!

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #51  
Been waiting several weeks for a Toyota SUV hybrid. It just came in, and We have been notified that the price is $2600 higher than first agreed upon.

Cherish your TYM dealer, we don’t see that kind of thing around here.
What, you bought a car without a signed agreement? Or was the dealer's option to increase the price buried in one of several documents they had you sign w/o explaining that 'gotcha?'

Your best negotiating tool is your ability (option) to walk away. All it takes to lower prices are footsteps in the right direction.

Those forms you signed were all drafted (written) by the DEALER"S LEGAL BEAGLES for the sole purpose of covering his ass. Next time, read them before you agree to abide by them.

BTW, you likely could still refuse delivery and demand your deposit(s) be returned in mall claims court - forcing the DEALER to defend the hidden clause(s) he relied upon to charge you the extra money. It would cost the dealer more to defend the action than to waive the upcharge. So he might appear himself or send a manager to court.

Remember folks, if you act like a carpet, folks'll walk all over you.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #52  
That's good then, I thought maybe they were selling email addresses or phone numbers or both.
So, you spent $X and completed a survey after an employee offers you ten dollars that requires you to return to the vendor and purchase an additional ten dollars of their merchandise within thirty days. Assuming a fifty percent markup and two ten dollar purchases, they sold you ten dollars (cost) of goods and received ten dollars of cash. You parted with ten dollars of cash and, ere lured into that store a second time to 'spend' the ten dollar coupon after completing a survey (your time and effort) for them.

If you 'do the actual Math, you might discover that you did them a favor - esp if you consider that, in addition to completing their survey and buying more of their stuff, you appear to be lauding their behavior as exemplary - a valuable advertisement of the sort "you can't buy?"

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #53  
Congrats, not what I expected either.
I just saw somewhere where a dealer took a trade, delivered new tractor, then 2 weeks later said we made a mistake, we need $18k more, or we will return your old tractor and take new one back.
Well, then, take them up on it! Call them on it. But read your contract carefully first. Just think of teh mechanics of such a 'recall.' 1. Possession is nine tenths of the law. 2. Who (arbiter) would inspect your trade-in to assure the dealer had not damaged it in any way? 3. Who (arbiter) would inspect your 'new' machine to assure you had not done any damage to it? 4. Who would agree to pay the arbiters? 5. If the vehicles were TITLED, who would e responsible for covering the costs involved in reversing (and allocating) those costs?

You know what I think? What we have here is a Rural Legend straight out of the Q-books!

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #54  
Sounds too good to be true. Buyer beware!

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #55  
It's sad we have reached a point where a dealer doing right by someone causes immediate suspicion than they're somehow going to **** them over in some other way.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #56  
It's sad we have reached a point
Oh, you've not been paying close attention - we've reached that point centuries ago "Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware". It has become a proverb in English." You know, when folks were writing tractor contracts in latin.

There is no free lunch either and we have as long demonstrated that,, even in America, the rich get richer and the poor will sleep under the bridges waiting for those tax cuts for corporations and billionaires to trickle down so they might afford a home and utilities,

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #57  
I would supply him doughnuts AND coffee for the next month!
That's a dealer wanting to make a customer for life!
This! Too few dealers understand that loyalty and word of mouth are worth far more than a few extra bucks up front. You make more money by establishing relationships than by selling a tractor for an extra grand.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #58  
Oh, you've not been paying close attention - we've reached that point centuries ago "Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware". It has become a proverb in English." You know, when folks were writing tractor contracts in latin.

There is no free lunch either and we have as long demonstrated that,, even in America, the rich get richer and the poor will sleep under the bridges waiting for those tax cuts for corporations and billionaires to trickle down so they might afford a home and utilities,
You do understand that business taxes are a political shell game, right? Only people can pay taxes. Every business must pass those taxes on to a combination of customers, employees and owners (be they stockholders or sole proprietors). Any dollar the 'business' pays means lower wages (or fewer jobs), higher prices and lower value. The entire concept is to dupe people into thinking someone else is paying the taxes. Same concept with withholding and sales taxes. The more a tax is hidden the more likely voters will not notice it.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #59  
What, you bought a car without a signed agreement? Or was the dealer's option to increase the price buried in one of several documents they had you sign w/o explaining that 'gotcha?'

Your best negotiating tool is your ability (option) to walk away. All it takes to lower prices are footsteps in the right direction.

Those forms you signed were all drafted (written) by the DEALER"S LEGAL BEAGLES for the sole purpose of covering his ass. Next time, read them before you agree to abide by them.

BTW, you likely could still refuse delivery and demand your deposit(s) be returned in mall claims court - forcing the DEALER to defend the hidden clause(s) he relied upon to charge you the extra money. It would cost the dealer more to defend the action than to waive the upcharge. So he might appear himself or send a manager to court.

Remember folks, if you act like a carpet, folks'll walk all over you.
Well, it wasn’t quite like the way you describe. The car was a hybrid RAV 4 Toyota, and the demand is so high that you have to put your name on the waitlist with a small deposit, to show you are a serious buyer.

The waiting time for delivery often reaches months, and even into the next model year. The dealer, knowing the next guy on the waitlist will gladly take the car, adds a bunch of expensive options to the car, that you didn’t want.
This is done before the car ever hits the dealer lot, and they aren’t about to take these options off, or cut you a discount.

This is a car my wife really wants, and has saved up and waited months to get. For $2600, do you walk out? Her previous car was 14 years old, and we sold it at a very good price, which helped out a bit.

I’m pi$$ed, she’s happy, better than the other way around.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #60  
My local TYM dealer messaged me today to nail down a delivery time for the new tractor today…

Then he tells me, by the way, it will be $1000 less than quoted… I was able to secure another discount for you.

I suppose I should ask what sort of doughnuts his guys like. What a blessing!
I had a Good year tire dealer tell me that the Tires that "Hummed" would only get a prorated discount , as I had 18K Miles.. After I told him OK, and when I picked up the truck he told me Good Year Honored 100%.. He Earned my business, moving forward... Your dealer earned yours, don't you think ?