Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110

/ Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110 #1  

jcole1989

Tractor
Grillo G110
I'm interested in being able to hook up my G110 to custom accessories (e.g., generator head and a home-built compost trommel). What's the best (and cheapest) way to acquire a PTO hookup onto which I can attach a pulley of my choosing? Earthtools will sell me a quick coupling for $89, but I can't quite tell from their picture what the implement end terminates in (it's another splined shaft from what I can tell, not a shaft I could mount a pulley on), and Joel offered to sell me an extra of the custom hookups they use for generators and chipper/shredders for about $500 IIRC, but I'm wondering if there's a more economical way for me to do it myself.

/ Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110 #2  
The implement side of the quick connect has a female spline on the implement side.

I ended up buying a couple implement quick connects with a similar idea, but haven't done anything with them. I'll take a picture of the spline this weekend.

I guess you'd need to find a matching spline to go with a shaft so you can add your pulley. I'm assuming it's a standard metric size. If you never want to disassemble it you might just find a shaft which fits and weld it into the spline.

Unless you are a hobby machinist I don't see how you could do any cheaper than the quick connects.

/ Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110
Unless you are a hobby machinist I don't see how you could do any cheaper than the quick connects.
Yes, I didn't mean cheaper than that, but if I go that route it would be nice to know what spline connection I need to attach to the pulley.

/ Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110
@travisbb Any chance you were able to take a picture of the spline?

/ Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110 #5  
@travisbb Any chance you were able to take a picture of the spline?
Sorry, I got busy this weekend and ran out of time to dig it out. I'm also out of town for a couple of weeks. I've added it to my TODO list for when I return and will definitely do it then.

/ Custom PTO hookup for Grillo G110 #6  
Alright, here is a picture of the implement-side quick-connect:
RIMG1357.JPG

I measure the peak to peak distance as 18.8mm and the trough to trough distance as 15.6mm. The outer diameter is 29.9mm.

For good measure, here is a picture of the tractor-side quick-connect. As expected, this male spline seemed to fit into the implement side female spline perfectly:
RIMG1358.JPG

I measure the peak to peak distance as 17.6mm and the trough to trough distance as 14.6mm.

I hope that helps. If you discover the name of the standard for such splines I'd be really interested in knowing. It'd make my life easier when I do get around to my custom implements.