Flail mower help

/ Flail mower help #1  

rhuffie

Tractor
Kubota 3902 Had to give up my beloved 1952 Cat 12 motor grader
I have been looking for a 60" flail mower for my 30 HP PTO Kubota L3902. There are many of these machines visible on the internet but few of those brands are handled by dealers in my area. Online there is one that is very inexpensive but also appears in many ads and Youtube videos under the banner of many different brands ..and yet all are under the smae designation "EFCG 1555"?! It is made in China. So my choice seems to be a Gearmore, JD or Virismo. I am trending towards the Virismo becaused it seems to be engineered for tractors with 30HP and so are a bit lighter then many of the others. Also, it is not only made in the USA but thier business is located near me in central Cali. Reviews of any of these particular machines is scarce to non existent. Any thoughts from folks with experience with these machines?

/ Flail mower help #2  
Virismo is a good brand.

I bought a Woodmaxx only because they are within driving distance if I needed parts down the line. So far, so good!

/ Flail mower help #3  
Hello and good evening rhuffie,

The VRISIMO flail mowers have been made for a long time and the new owners
of the company have maintained the high quality building them.

There are plenty of videos of the Vrisimo mowers working in many mowing conditions
and in orchards as well.

You have to narrow down what you will be mowing and then decide which units suits you best.

When you go through and look at the flail mowers you may even want to have 4 caster wheels added
to the unit you wish to buy based solely on your mowing needs and how rough the ground is.

LeonZ

/ Flail mower help
Hello and good evening rhuffie,

The VRISIMO flail mowers have been made for a long time and the new owners
of the company have maintained the high quality building them.

There are plenty of videos of the Vrisimo mowers working in many mowing conditions
and in orchards as well.

You have to narrow down what you will be mowing and then decide which units suits you best.

When you go through and look at the flail mowers you may even want to have 4 caster wheels added
to the unit you wish to buy based solely on your mowing needs and how rough the ground is.

LeonZ
The only videos i have found (three of them) are one minute long...in short grass, put out by the manufacturer. You have seen others?

/ Flail mower help #5  
Wander over to youtube and type in Vrisimo and 6 or 7 of them pop up; then go to youtube and type in
vrisimo shredder to see more. Type in vrisimo shredder in google and you will see more of them.

/ Flail mower help #6  
i was just looking at woodmax

/ Flail mower help #7  
I just bought a Del Morino funny top, 158 M, 62 inches, rated for 12-30 HP tractors, made in Italy. I asked my Kioti dealer if he had a distributer that handled them, and he found one in stock locally and confirmed that he would be able to get parts relatively quickly.

/ Flail mower help
Wander over to youtube and type in Vrisimo and 6 or 7 of them pop up; then go to youtube and type in
vrisimo shredder to see more. Type in vrisimo shredder in google and you will see more of them.
I just spoke to the folks at Vrismo as to whetether they use a slip clutch of shear pin on their machines in order to protect the transmission from damage should the mower run over some barbed wire or...? I was told that they employ neither of these devices because in the event of such a problem, the belts would slip and then start smoking, protecting the trans from damage. Does this sound resonable?

/ Flail mower help
The only videos i have found (three of them) are one minute long...in short grass, put out by the manufacturer. You have seen others?
I just spoke to the folks at Vrismo as to whether they use a slip clutch of shear pin on their machines in order to protect the transmission from damage should the mower run over some barbed wire or...? I was told that they employ neither of these devices because in the event of such a problem, the belts would slip and then start smoking, protecting the trans from damage. Does this sound reasonable?

/ Flail mower help
Virismo is a good brand.

I bought a Woodmaxx only because they are within driving distance if I needed parts down the line. So far, so good!
I just spoke to the folks at Vrismo as to whether they use a slip clutch of shear pin in their machines in order to protect the transmission from damage should the mower run over some barbed wire or...? I was told that they employ neither of these devices because in the event of such a problem, the belts would slip and then start smoking, protecting the trans from damage. Does this sound reasonable?