Flail mower help

/ Flail mower help #31  
I am not sure if it is a Del Morino product but either Cummings and Bricker
or tractor tools direct has to tell you who makes it.

Slapping the tractor tools direct sticker on it certainly does not make it thier
flail mower.

/ Flail mower help #32  
I was shopping Del Morino and it showed Ibex for the larger sizes.
Anyone buy from tractor tools direct?

/ Flail mower help #33  
There are 5 Del Morino dealers in Maryland.

All Roads Kubota, Rippeon Equipment, J.D. Mullinix and Sons Inc., Wertz Farm and Power, Stambaugh Ag Repair, Inc.

/ Flail mower help #34  
I have a Bestco flail mower # FH-EFGC195 77" for 35 hp tractors. They have smaller models available. This has been a cost effective buy under $3k delivered. There is a flail mower learning curve. I smoked a set of belts (it uses 3 belts $85). And I trashed a set of cutting hammers mowing rocks. I can reclaim the hammers later but it was a paying job so I just put the money into a second set. 32 pieces I believe.
With flail mowers you have a choice of knives or hammer style cutters. Hammers reduce brush to kindling and knives give a better finished cut on weeds and grasses but fail on the big stuff. A well kept set of hammers can give a decent field cut and still take down saplings and mulch downed branches.

I just ordered a Betstco articulating flail mower FH-AGL165 standard duty. I've had a 68'' palletforks.com offset flail mower that I've put 100+ hours on. Worked great, but parts support was lackluster at best.

/ Flail mower help #35  
There are 5 Del Morino dealers in Maryland.

All Roads Kubota, Rippeon Equipment, J.D. Mullinix and Sons Inc., Wertz Farm and Power, Stambaugh Ag Repair, Inc.

Messicks carry them as also, but funny top only goes up to 60”. I want at least 6 ft or not worth it. Rippeon is kubota dealer, they push the landpride.
Meanwhile I’m using the rotary.
dji_fly_20230531_181508_416_1685571625320_photo_optimized.JPG

/ Flail mower help #36  
If the Rippeon people do not want to sell you a Del Morino Flipper(58") or Flipper Super(88", 91") invest in a Hiniker 6 foot flail mower crop shredder and you will not have to deal with windrows anymore.

As I have mentioned before I believe Kubota is once again importing the Maschio Flail shredders painted with the Land Pride colors and stickers.

The Kubota dealer should be honest with you and tell you if it is a MASCHIO flail shredder in Land Pride colors if not walk away.

The Del Morino FLIPPER or Del Morino FLIPPER SUPER are well withing your cutting width requirements just as the towed Hiniker 6 foot flail shredder with the Constant Velocity Universal joint is.

/ Flail mower help #37  
Candidly I do not know if the Ibex brand is a Del Morino product.
I am sure they would tell you if they are the manufacturer of
Ibex products if you asked them directly.

Last edited:
   / Flail mower help #38  
I have two flail mowers, neither depends on belts to protect the mower. One is hyd operated and the other is pto driven with slip clutch. Not saying a lot depend on the belts slipping but would think only ones design for lighter cutting. My mowers are used on brush and yes grass but brush and small trees.

/ Flail mower help #39  
If the Rippeon people do not want to sell you a Del Morino Flipper(58") or Flipper Super(88", 91") invest in a Hiniker 6 foot flail mower crop shredder and you will not have to deal with windrows anymore.

As I have mentioned before I believe Kubota is once again importing the Maschio Flail shredders painted with the Land Pride colors and stickers.

The Kubota dealer should be honest with you and tell you if it is a MASCHIO flail shredder in Land Pride colors if not walk away.

The Del Morino FLIPPER or Del Morino FLIPPER SUPER are well withing your cutting width requirements just as the towed Hiniker 6 foot flail shredder with the Constant Velocity Universal joint is.

I usually deal with Messicks, they have better prices, usually, than Rippeon.

/ Flail mower help #40  
I went with Novatractor for my flail because it has the nastiest hammers I've found. Over 3 pounds each and they look like metal bear claws. If I was mowing a golf course, I would pick a different tool. But for mowing rough stuff, this thing continues to impress me. It munches berry bush, poison oak and saplings into nothing. It's an import made in China, so if you're dead set against that, then pick something else. I did hit a basketball sized rock hiding in the weeds and broke a pulley, but Novatractor had me a new one in about a week. Good support. We call our flail the "Park Maker" because it will turn an overgrown area into a park like magic. My standard setup is grapple on the front, flail in the rear as we work on making our property more fire safe.

Attachments

• flail hammer.jpg
    flail hammer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • flail mower.jpg
    flail mower.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78