YL210 loader curls itself up when tractor is parked

/ YL210 loader curls itself up when tractor is parked #1  

Rotaryracer

Tractor
Yanmar SA424
Hi all - I have a 2014 (I think) Yanmar SA424 with the YL210 loader. Great tractor and has been a workhorse, but it has one weird trait. After using the tractor, I'll park it and level out the front loader attachment. Within a day, the bucket (or pallet forks) will start to angle/curl up. Within a few days, it will be at max curl. I've tried raising the loader and doing a few full curls/dumps before parking to no avail. I don't see any leaks, and after taking the tractor to my dealer for a full service and explaining the situation, they stated the tech didn't find any issue and that "they all do that"....pretty sure if I go check out a row full of brand new tractors, I won't see all of their buckets pointing to the moon. They said they also called Yanmar and they hadn't heard of similar issues. Most of the bucket curl results I'm finding in search are for buckets that won't curl or lose pressure...I appear to have the opposite problem. :)

Any thoughts/assistance/feedback? It doesn't seem to affect functionality, just annoying when the forks are pointed at a 45 degree angle and ready to grab a kneecap.

Thanks!

Jason

/ YL210 loader curls itself up when tractor is parked #2  
On the right side there is a hose block as in the pic. release the hyd press in the system, remove the hyd hose for the curl, ck the hose fitting on the valve, look inside the fitting, make sure that the small point is not off to one side or if it is straight looking, the top of the it is not mushroom looking, while you are at it, ck the rest of them, any issues than replace them with a flat face set, that was Yanmars update

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 64
   / YL210 loader curls itself up when tractor is parked
On the right side there is a hose block as in the pic. release the hyd press in the system, remove the hyd hose for the curl, ck the hose fitting on the valve, look inside the fitting, make sure that the small point is not off to one side or if it is straight looking, the top of the it is not mushroom looking, while you are at it, ck the rest of them, any issues than replace them with a flat face set, that was Yanmars update
Thanks tractorred. My dealer went ahead and replaced all the Parker quick release connectors, as they mentioned Yanmar had been having issues with them in the past. They did not find any issues with the cylinders, and loader drift (on the lift cylinders) checked out fine as well. I called Yanmar directly and they recommended moving the loader control stick to all around to release pressure after turning the tractor off. Interestingly, this seems to immediately speed up the curl-up process, i.e. if I level out the bucket on the ground, shut the tractor off, wait a few seconds, and then move the stick all around, I can watch the bucket curl right up.

Perhaps there's some kind of one-way valve designed to keep pressure in the lines after shutdown and mine isn't? Not the end of the world - loader and tractor still works great, and for grins, I tried parking with the bucket upside down (full dump position) to see what happens.

It needs to get back to work starting this weekend, but will keep an eye on it and see if things change.

Thanks again,

Jason