Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #431  
Found the engine house latch sans nuts. This thing just sat there for G** only knows how many thousands of miles . I went over every nut , bolt , and Hydraulic fitting on the machine before even starting it again.
 house latch.jpeg

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #432  
Yes, definitely seems safer from damage. I’m wondering how it may change the leverage of the machine. I have seen this set up on a small Kubota, but not many others.
I noticed that all the hoses are in the arms, wish all minis had this feature.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #433  
Disappointed in you guy's , nobody is razzing me for having a mini that is 1950's " Toaster Blue ".

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #434  
Found the engine house latch sans nuts. This thing just sat there for G** only knows how many thousands of miles . I went over every nut , bolt , and Hydraulic fitting on the machine before even starting it again.View attachment 803669
Reminds me when I got my Jinma tractor. I still have parts that I found and stashed away and never found out what they were for since 2007.
I think they had shop clean up day when they packed my tractor up and threw all the leftover stuff in my crate.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Congrats, FREDRIK.

Now you can find out if you have hyd oil filtration and/or cooling. Not to mention if your RV setting is too low (most are).

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #436  
Hey Folks , got some pics for you.View attachment 803641
Nice machine, I like the engine cover access better on that style than standin on my head to check the oil on my style (toaster green also).

I have only seen pictures of that style, but didn't see a filter in the pictures, but I might have seen a Cooler, is there either?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #437  
Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Speaking of Coolers. I think I need to install one, oil is already getting brown with 20 hours.
Before or after the Filter?
The hyd oil is getting brown? That should never happen. One of the first things I did (see above) is get rid of OEM fluid. You don't know what they used, it flushes out manufacturing dirt, and it is likely the cheapest stuff they could get.

Next is install a temp gauge. I use a passive capillary style, and try not to exceed 50C. The hyd motors for the tracks heat the oil fastest.

Finally, any cooler will help, but choose wisely for where you can install it and the current it draws is less than the capacity of your alternator.

If your hyd filter is properly installed, it is on the return path to the tank, which is low, but positive pressure. The inlet side of the pump can be subject to slight negative pressure, so sturdy hoses must be used. This location or either side of the filter will work if installed properly.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #439  
No filter - No cooler , nada. Already have the parts ordered. The House is packed so tight gonna be cutting lots of holes .
It gets blazing hot inside even after 5 minutes. Found a 10" fan that puts out 1750 cfm. I can't put anything on the return line, not enough room. Everything will be attached to suction line. Funny thing about this is the hose is a SAE 100R2AT 5/8".
SAE 100R2AT has a burst point something near 1700psi. It's a booger to cut because it's configured as hose, braided wire , hose, braided wire , and then polyester reinforced outer hose. You could pull 80 bar suction and it wouldn't collapse. I guess it's what they had on hand.
D'oh that is a really good deal. I would have to mount outside in the breeze. Might buy one in case what I'm cobbling together fails.
My wife said to paint flames on the sides to make it look more manly. I told her if i cant get the heat out of the house those flames would real.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #440  
You guys sure don't make those things sound like a good deal!!

SR