kubota Lx3310

/ kubota Lx3310 #1  

Laser Man

Tractor
Kubota Lx3310/Cab purchased 2021new
During recent hot weather 94 deg My engine started to lose power anyone else have this happen?

/ kubota Lx3310 #2  
Hmmmm. Any codes flash? What were the oil/water temps looking like and what kind of work were you doing?

/ kubota Lx3310 #3  
Please elaborate: "...started to lose power..." Did it totally quit? Slow down some, just noticeable? Seem like it was loaded down abnormally? Was it still usable or too alarming to continue?
------
I have had multiple older Kubotas (probably similar generation to your B7500 or even a little younger?) run hot especially when the OAT is in the 90's. With a 60" mid-mount mower in fairly heavy grass 2 of the BX2200s I use or maintain run over almost to the red mark on the temp gauge. I had similar issues with 1 of my B2150's also. This has been a long-term issue with me. Over the years I have come to believe the water pumps are too small. However a VERY experienced retired regional service rep (who spent a decade or more with Deere and another decade or more with Kubota) is of the opinion that the radiators are undersized. I'm not so sure. When everything is optimum (cleanest radiator fins, well-flushed cooling system, mower deck not laboring with clogged grass, etc.) then they do not make it to the red mark BUT in my opinion it is far too easy to overheat them. Chronic. That said, it does vary a good bit among the 5 Kubotas I am "close to" (3 B2150s and 2 BX2200's.) Twenty years or more in to this I do not claim to understand why.

/ kubota Lx3310 #4  
Hmmmm. Any codes flash? What were the oil/water temps looking like and what kind of work were you doing?
Tractors of this age do not have "codes" do they? There is no digital info system on them.

/ kubota Lx3310 #5  
Tractors of this age do not have "codes" do they? There is no digital info system on them.
They just started manufacturing them in 2020. They are computer controlled engines.

/ kubota Lx3310 #6  
The LX3310 is current model and most certainly does have ECM, etc.

/ kubota Lx3310 #7  
They just started manufacturing them in 2020. They are computer controlled engines.

And SDT too...

My bad -- I was thrown off by the OP's info block which shows him having a B7500 made 20 years or more ago. Failed to read the title saying LX3310.

/ kubota Lx3310
First sorry, my profile has my first tractor a B7500 listed, how do you change profile info, My New tractor is a Kubota Lx3310 no codes flashing Tractor is 2 years old with 140 hours was brush cutting tall grass 3 to 4 feet high my engine temp gauge rose to 4 bars on flat ground at 2200 rpms motor dropped to 1700 rpms I immediately stopped cutting also noticed the ac was not cooling very much either went back to barn let engine cool off to 3 bars (which is normal operating range summer or winter) before shutting down got out the leaf blower and air compressor to clean off loose grass a lot loose grass but when I used compressor on engine filters there really wasn't a lot of dust in the cooling fins either, the dealer suspects water strainer (no dash lights come on) or fuel filter could be the problem
Thank you in advance

/ kubota Lx3310 #9  
The water separator is easy enough to check if you haven't already. There should be a red float ring that rises when water is present. I would also check the coolant reservoir AND radiator levels, as well as belt tension.