Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,941  
4708FE74-AA54-49BA-A213-1B9D3AF4FDA8.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,942  
My neighbor and I were having a serious discussion about stars in the sky one summer's night outside his house. Naming names and that kind of thing from a celestial standpoint. There were a couple he couldn't find for one reason or another and just as his prim and proper wife entered the conversation, he happened to mention he couldn't see Uranus. And he pronounced it the wrong way and we were having a chuckle about it.

Just as his wife got there all she could hear was "...and I can't see Uranus"(pronounced wrong). Oh, she said, I "for sure can see Uranus (pronounced wrong) and it's clear as a bell". Her husband said he didn't think she could see Uranus (pronounced wrong) and she said something like "Oh, I've seen Uranus plenty of times and I know it when I see it". "For sure, that's Uranus." "I know Uranus". "Yup, Uranus". "It's Uranus". All pronounced wrong and we were silently going spastic.

She left then and we silently roared for about 20 minutes. We never let on and she never suspected anything and we recalled that moment off and on for years. They're gone now but I occasionally think of that discussion and how certain she was that she could see Uranius. What a hoot.
As for the pronunciation of "Uranus", in the current vernacular the word "your" is open replaced with "ur". Therefore the supposed mispronunciation of "Uranus" is currently correct.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,943  
Our elementary teacher taught us that both ways of pronunciation were acceptable, just don't giggle when you say it the naughty way and it will be okay. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,944  
Our elementary teacher taught us that both ways of pronunciation were acceptable, just don't giggle when you say it the naughty way and it will be okay. :)
What's naughty about Uranus? <snerk>

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,946  
It is illegal to take more than $5 of pennies or nickles outside of the USA.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,947  
the Cimarron!
Cimarron Strip is an American Western television series starring Stuart Whitman as Marshal Jim Crown. The series was produced by the creators of Gunsmoke and aired on CBS from September 1967 to March 1968. Reruns of the original show were aired in the summer of 1971. Cimarron Strip is one of only three 90-minute weekly Western series that aired during the 1960s (the others are The Virginian, and for one season, Wagon Train), and the only 90-minute series of any kind to be centered primarily around one lead character in almost every episode. The series theme and pilot incidental music were written by Maurice Jarre, who also scored Lawrence of Arabia and Doctor Zhivago.

The series is set in the late 1880s in the Cimarron Territory, which became the Oklahoma Panhandle in 1890. For complex historical reasons, this rugged strip of land existed as a virtually ungoverned U.S. territory for several decades. It was sometimes called No Man's Land, with a reputation for lawlessness and vigilante activity. On the show, Marshal Jim Crown is trying to bring order to the region before its political status is finally resolved.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #4,949  
Look at that design! The front end lol :D If you take the headlights out the front end looks like the back of most 50s cars.