Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,141  
HAPPY NEW YEAR

35 this morning high in 30s I think. In bed by 10:00 PM up at 7:45 not bad. We stayed home again this year better for us. Watched a lot of football then Hallmark movies, she likes good by me.

Terrible about explosio Ron and neighbor falling Ron. HAPPY NEW YOU to you and sassy

Glad you got pump fixed L4N

Don I agree 100 percent glad 23 is gone

mostly and Kyle HAPPY NEW YEAR

Ron pattern is sending moisture below you but cold is coming not severe just cold

mecss coming to see you Thomas next weekend and Drew too me not so much.

wagtail hope Birthday was great

LS you are a great auto mechanic as well as wood working addition work

Prayers for all silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #183,145  
Ok, 👍 gotta ask:

Why were you melting tin an hour before midnight on NYE?
NHBX has the right answer
We have that saying that everybody is casting his own fortune. More of a meaning that everybody is responsible for his own deeds. But once in a year we take that literally 😁

Maybe this?
You are right !
Only difference is - I don't give a damn about lead. as we are doing metallurgy outdoors, I don't think it might bring anything

delicious cuisine, including dishes like grey peas with bacon, speķrauši (smoked bacon rolls), and Latvian rye bread

Helo, this is what I read about Latvia.
seems everything really does go better with bacon...

I love rye bread, what makes Latvian different?
i hate to ask, but do you eat reindeer? :rolleyes:
About rye I am not an expert, but I believe several hundred years back, when weather was colder here summers was not long / warm enough for wheat.
Tho Winter rye is any breed of rye planted in the autumn to provide ground cover for the winter. It grows during warmer days of the winter when sunlight temporarily warms the plant above freezing, even while there is general snow cover.

This is how our bread looks like.
Dark and heavy. Like my soul :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reindeer is not a Latvian thing. :rolleyes: Tho in our forests we have deer, doe and elks, all of them you might find in my fridge. :cool:
I am not hunter myself (my father and his brother was), but few friends are suppliers of forest meat.
Reindeers are living more North - North FIN, SWE, NOR, near Polar circle

Speķarauši from our table:

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-24 at 16.52.05.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-24 at 16.52.06.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-24 at 17.28.32.jpeg

I hope the lessons of the past have helped Japan because they were greeted
to the new year with a massive earthquake and alarms about 15 foot high tidal waves.
gives new meaning to having a seaside home
I bet a lot of their nuke plant operators must be gulping Tums.

It would be really nice to have someone here from the Far East.
though we are blessed with our friends from NZ and Australia.

In the "old days" guys from around the world used to chat on their short wave radios.
long before cell phones or the internet
I bet some still do.
I'm more visual, and like to write, so this works better for me.

If both Helo and I were online at the same time, and I posted a message here, I wonder how long it takes
for all that to pop up on his pc?
Pretty sure it goes across the Atlantic in one of many big underwater cables.
and bounced through a lot of universities and big business servers.
I'm guessing they are fiber optic.
It all seems like magic to me.

when you start out with a multifamily shared phone line and no tv
it all seems like magic now
I mean, electricity travel at almost speed of light. I would say - it should take less than second to transfer messages.
We can do Teams/Zoom across continents like from the same room.
But message at TBN is much "lighter" than video stream

What shapes did your melting tin produce and what was the interpretation of the figures for 2024?
With wife we both agreed that our fortunes looked just like trip to Shri-lanka :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kids are always existed to interpret that chunk of thin.
It is so much in human nature to try to guess future. On smaller kids that is so obvious. Later they grow up and become cynical and practical

/ Good morning!!!! #183,147  
Good Morning and happy new year to all.
It’s 38° and another grey day here. Temperature might rise 5 degrees. Chance of rain, but not a terrible day either.

Yesterday I started out to clean up press blocks with plasma cutter and grinder, when it dawned on me that while it wouldn’t be as fast, the Bridgeport would do a much better job.
IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

Of course, it also made a huge mess tossing chips everywhere. A big enough mess that I had to clean up, so it was like a borrowed shop, cleaner and better when I was finished than when I started.

Wasn’t quite done when my son called to ask where we were flying to for lunch. I said we had decided Blairstown, NJ would be the next venue, so that was enough cleanup for now.
Off we went to Blairstown, but when we walked over to the restaurant, it was closed. We forgot to check the holiday schedule. Next stop was Sky Manor in Pittstown, NJ (after calling to confirm they were open), and had a nice lunch. It’s not the typical greasy spoon, the menu is actually a bit upscale.

Short flight back to Doylestown-
IMG_2407.jpg

Got home in time to play with a rowdy Zoe before getting back to the shop to finish the clean up. Closed up the shop had a pork belly sandwich for dinner, and was sitting next to my wife, who was on the phone when she said “OK, I’ll tell dad what we are going to do”. That gives you an idea of who is in charge around here.
Turns out the we went to oldest son’s to play a Murder mystery game. We solved the crime and were home before midnight.

No clue what today will bring. Maybe get the elusive driveway markers installed.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,148  
Happy new year 2024. Hopefully it is truly a new year with some changes.
This is my 70th yr
I will stop drinking and start exercising. Wish me luck - I'll need it to get started.
I got my new plasma cutter running yesterday. Itching for a project...