Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?
Still no pricing

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #102  
No price listed but the specs show that the NH T4 Electric is heavy. My WM75 weighs 6,800# without the loader, the T4 Electric weighs 9,260# without the loader. With loader the T4 Electric comes in at 10,802#. That won't help battery life. The good thing is that the T4 Electric can use the Tesla Supercharger with an adapter. That ought to make Tesla owners happy, having to wait to charge their car while a tractor occupies the charger space. :LOL:

1705886040268.png

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #103  
I am not clear about how the cost of EV devices should be calculated. There are too many unanswered questions about ev cars, trucks and tractors. For example.
If you purchase an ev vehicle (or tractor) which has a battery expected to last 8 years, what is it's resale value after 7 or 8 years. What is the value of its resale or does it take a $20K battery investment to sell or trade it. Is it really equal too or lower operating cost than diesel - After we find that road taxes are added to the electric recharging costs.

Seems to me a commercial operation which can afford several ev tractors and commercial or volume charging rates - and several extra exchange batteries may do well.

But then, I also think Lithium batteries are on their way out and soon will not even be available for evs.

Anyone who has been involved with owning an aircraft understands the cost of aircraft engine overhaul. There is a cost for every hour of operation. Looks like the cost of replacing a battery should be added every year. Then, how much will batteries cost in 8 years? All unanswered questions.

Last edited:
   / Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #104  
From the picture it looks like the battery is under the cab, behind the cab steps. With an extra 2,500 of weight I don't think the battery can be swapped. And there is no mention of that on the NH website. Even the small Solis 25HP electric tractor has a large battery that cannot be swapped out.

1705931220559.png

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #105  
Anyone see on the news last week where 10 Teslas had to be towed away because it was too cold for the batteries to be able to take a charge? Think what would happen if all ICE's were done away with and replaced with EV's. Snow removal, emergency vehicles, tractors, everything. Can you imagine the chaos when none of this equipment will work because you can't charge a battery? People in the north know this isn't a once in a hundred years event. It happens often. Not trying to hijack a thread here, but just something to think about.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #106  
Anyone see on the news last week where 10 Teslas had to be towed away because it was too cold for the batteries to be able to take a charge? Think what would happen if all ICE's were done away with and replaced with EV's. Snow removal, emergency vehicles, tractors, everything. Can you imagine the chaos when none of this equipment will work because you can't charge a battery? People in the north know this isn't a once in a hundred years event. It happens often. Not trying to hijack a thread here, but just something to think about.
Like I always used to say, just picture a rush hour traffic jamb in the Lincoln Tunnel or on the GW Bridge. It would only take a couple dead EV’s to cause a horrific traffic jamb.
With heaters in cars not working in the freezing cold…..well….as my dad used to say
”That ain’t good!”

It ain’t like an ICE vehicle where you can walk up and put a couple gallons in the tank and off ya go.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #107  
Maybe we will have Stanley steamers to purchase???
Jay Leno has one

willy

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #108  
I am not clear about how the cost of EV devices should be calculated. There are too many unanswered questions about ev cars, trucks and tractors. For example.
If you purchase an ev vehicle (or tractor) which has a battery expected to last 8 years, what is it's resale value after 7 or 8 years. What is the value of its resale or does it take a $20K battery investment to sell or trade it. Is it really equal too or lower operating cost than diesel - After we find that road taxes are added to the electric recharging costs.

Seems to me a commercial operation which can afford several ev tractors and commercial or volume charging rates - and several extra exchange batteries may do well.

But then, I also think Lithium batteries are on their way out and soon will not even be available for evs.

Anyone who has been involved with owning an aircraft understands the cost of aircraft engine overhaul. There is a cost for every hour of operation. Looks like the cost of replacing a battery should be added every year. Then, how much will batteries cost in 8 years? All unanswered questions.
I would consider them throw aways after 8-10 years with the amount of money it is to replace a car battery. That will likely change in 10 years or lets be honest. When more states take up the mandates for all EV's. Resale value has to be bad especially right now with the amount of issues they have had with charging. Ive heard some dealers won't even accept them on a trade. Ford recently announced its production cut of the lightning due to the lack of sales and lets be honest here as well. Performance was an issue when using the truck for its intended purpose

When it comes to equipment thats Electric. I remain very skeptical. I think a lot of them claim run times of 4 hours. Which to me isn't all that long. There are days where Ill use mine 8 to 10 hours with a run time of at least 6 hrs. Sometimes even as a homeowner you need to put in a long weekend to get **** done. Not sure I would like short run times. Commercially these dont even make sense. Short run times as they come, that would change the harder you have to work the equipment, frigid temps, and mostly there isn't a place to charge the equipment on a job site.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?
I would consider them throw aways after 8-10 years with the amount of money it is to replace a car battery. That will likely change in 10 years or lets be honest. When more states take up the mandates for all EV's. Resale value has to be bad especially right now with the amount of issues they have had with charging. Ive heard some dealers won't even accept them on a trade. Ford recently announced its production cut of the lightning due to the lack of sales and lets be honest here as well. Performance was an issue when using the truck for its intended purpose

When it comes to equipment thats Electric. I remain very skeptical. I think a lot of them claim run times of 4 hours. Which to me isn't all that long. There are days where Ill use mine 8 to 10 hours with a run time of at least 6 hrs. Sometimes even as a homeowner you need to put in a long weekend to get **** done. Not sure I would like short run times. Commercially these dont even make sense. Short run times as they come, that would change the harder you have to work the equipment, frigid temps, and mostly there isn't a place to charge the equipment on a job site.
Diesel generator at the site 😂

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #110  
If these electric tractors only have a 4 hour run time you
would need 2 or 3 of them so you could work 10- - 12
hours a day. With the capacity of the batteries for the
electric tractor it would take a long time to charge???

willy