Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #1  

mpsmith60

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 4WD HST
Recently I completed the 400 hour maintenance on my L3901 and it occurred to me that the Kubota manual tells you the steps to take, but not about the issues you may encounter and it doesn't tell you the tools and sizes of wrenches you'll need. I created a document that shows the tools and supplies needed for each maintenance task, down to the wrench and socket sizes, which really saves time finding the right size wrench by trial and error. It covers all the tasks of the 50 hour, 100 hour, 200 and 400 hour maintenance milestones. I thought some of you Kubota L series tractor owners might benefit from it, so here's the link to it on my website. It's in PDF format.

Kubota L Series 50 Hour Maintenance – DIY My Way

Also, I shot detailed video of the 400 hour maintenance and realized that I was doing all the steps of the 50 hour, 100 hour, and 200 hour maintenance milestone as well. So I am in the process making a video for each of these milestones with the video I shot for the 400 hour maintenance. I am also going to release several standalone videos for tasks such as greasing, oil change, hydraulic oil change, and cleaning the water separtor, etc.

Below is the Kubota L Series 50 Hour Maintenance video. I hope you find it useful.

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #2  
That's fantastic! I did my 50 hour last year on my L6060.
Thank you for the contribution!

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #3  
You've gone to a lot of trouble for the benefit of Kubota owners out there. As a fellow "L" series owner I thank you for that. Have you considered sharing with the users on Orange Tractor Talks, too?

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #4  
I always like wrighting with a marker some where on the machine what size the drain plug nut is and maby the quarts it takes.

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #5  
Thank you for taking the time to do this! I watched your first one and your instructions are excellent. Very well made and enjoyable to watch.I am looking forward to viewing all of your videos.

We have the same tractor; how do you like yours so far and what are your main uses?

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #6  
Cool. Thanks

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance #7  
Messicks use to have these on their website; very handy for the new owner.

/ Kubota L Series Tractor Maintenance
You've gone to a lot of trouble for the benefit of Kubota owners out there. As a fellow "L" series owner I thank you for that. Have you considered sharing with the users on Orange Tractor Talks, too?

Hi Roadworthy! Thank you! Yes, I have thought about it and probably will.

I always like wrighting with a marker some where on the machine what size the drain plug nut is and maby the quarts it takes.

That's a smart idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you for taking the time to do this! I watched your first one and your instructions are excellent. Very well made and enjoyable to watch.I am looking forward to viewing all of your videos.

We have the same tractor; how do you like yours so far and what are your main uses?

And thank you for taking the time to comment on it! I've had mine for just over two years and I love it! The main uses are geared around maintaining and improving our 17 acres, so mowing, digging with the FEL and backhoe, wood chipping, grading the driveway. I have videos of all these activities on my YouTube channel.

Looks like you have a lot of nice attachments for your tractor as well. How long have you had yours and what's your favorite thing to do with it?